PEAX Equipment

Really, Wyoming?

What amazes me, beyond the complete idiocy of this lowlife and what he did, is how many others are being blamed in this thread alone. Why is the thread titled "Really Wyoming"? I know @BuzzH is really upset about this(as are many of us) but I don't have any knowledge as to what went on at the bar. Maybe he took it out back and killed it because of outrage in the bar? Let's criticise the G&F Dept for something they haven't done? I've seen a comment about the guys wife on another media. Is it time to burn some witches at the stake?

Some need to be careful of the "blame game" going on here and elsewhere. It's very obvious who's to blame. Focusing there, until we find out otherwise, seems appropriate to me.

Last edited:
What amazes me, beyond the complete idiocy of this lowlife and what he did, is how many others are being blamed in this thread alone. Why is the thread titled "Really Wyoming"? I know @BuzzH is really upset about this(as are many of us) but I don't have any knowledge as to what went on at the bar. Maybe he took it out back and killed it because of outrage in the bar? I've seen a comment about the guys wife on another media. Is it time to burn some witches at the stake?

Some need to be careful of the "blame game" going on here and elsewhere. It's very obvious who's to blame, focusing there seems appropriate to me.
I hear ya. Don’t know anything about Wyoming laws but from what I gather here running down wildlife on snowmobiles is legal and commonplace in Wyoming. Which makes this thread title entirely appropriate in my book.

I hear ya. Don’t know anything about Wyoming laws but from what I gather here running down wildlife on snowmobiles is legal and commonplace in Wyoming. Which makes this thread title entirely appropriate in my book.
Thanks for admitting you don't know anything about Wyoming laws because what you "hear" is wrong. While it may be legal to run down predators(blame stockgrowers), it is illegal to run any other wildlife down. As far as commonplace, that's unlikely.

What amazes me, beyond the complete idiocy of this lowlife and what he did, is how many others are being blamed in this thread alone. Why is the thread titled "Really Wyoming"? I know @BuzzH is really upset about this(as are many of us) but I don't have any knowledge as to what went on at the bar. Maybe he took it out back and killed it because of outrage in the bar? Let's criticise the G&F Dept for something they haven't done? I've seen a comment about the guys wife on another media. Is it time to burn some witches at the stake?

Some need to be careful of the "blame game" going on here and elsewhere. It's very obvious who's to blame. Focusing there, until we find out otherwise, seems appropriate to me.

I’m not blaming anyone.

What happened is disgusting. That’s the only fact I’m aware of. Is the act and picture are disgusting.

I just feel it’s a bad look for the wildlife agency to not be making it very clear to the public that they find the alleged behavior abhorrent.

Maybe it’s not their job, and it doesn’t mean they don’t believe its unacceptable behavior, but silence is a bad look on this matter IMO. Simple as that.

Thanks for admitting you don't know anything about Wyoming laws because what you "hear" is wrong. While it may be legal to run down predators(blame stockgrowers), it is illegal to run any other wildlife down. As far as commonplace, that's unlikely.
I have broader definition of wildlife that includes wolves. I should have said “some” wildlife.

Quick YouTube search. Lots of videos from all over, May not be common out there. Time for laws to change in lots of places. Not just Wyoming.
And you would have been wrong again. Unfortunately for wolves, in most of the state they are predators.

It was an evil asshole that did the deed, not "Wyoming".
No need to split hairs. But in the general sense I’m not wrong to consider wild animals wildlife. Maybe Wyoming statute book has a more narrow definition but I know wildlife biologists that study predators, bugs, snakes, etc.

I agree with @JM77, going after the knuckle heads wife and family, hard no. They're probably more pissed off at that idiot than anyone.

The game and fish did what they could, legally. But, to be fair, I've seen the GF make comments on the poaching of big game that were well beyond what they clearly haven't said about this situation.

The GF absolutely keep things hush,-hush, including what's happening with elk right now.

I'll also say, that in these little jerk water towns across the west, lots of things go on for long periods of time because everyone knows everybody, they're shirttail relatives many times, and don't want to cause hard feelings.

@JM77 I’ll also add the “I hear ya” in the first post was too say I agree with what you said. I wasn’t trying to argue generally. Just thought the thread title was fine. Anyways, hope we see some law changes everywhere and I hope hunters lead the charge.

The game and fish did what they could, legally. But, to be fair, I've seen the GF make comments on the poaching of big game that were well beyond what they clearly haven't said about this situation.

The GF absolutely keep things hush,-hush, including what's happening with elk right now.
You know I agree G&F keeps things too low key and "hush hush" on many things. Proof of that is both of us has had to do Chapter 1 (FOIA) requests. But for now, I'm willing to give them some latitude on this because I hope they are tearing apart statute and regulation looking for something else to charge this asshole with.

You know I agree G&F keeps things too low key and "hush hush" on many things. Proof of that is both of us has had to do Chapter 1 (FOIA) requests. But for now, I'm willing to give them some latitude on this because I hope they are tearing apart statute and regulation looking for something else to charge this asshole with.
Very little latitude is as far as I would go, and not just because of this wolf issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back