Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Really dry conditions tactics?

Bascott1

Getting ready to head into my area I like to hunt in the morning and still haven't got much rain. Pretty dry here in southwest Colorado. Other an trying to find water up high what's the best tactic when it's super dry?

Hunt thickets/moist humid areas.Any place for them to bed during the afternoon heat.Be the Elk...:cool:

look for bright green foliage compared to other areas. Doesn't necessarily mean 'water' but the ground should hold more moisture for food growth, remember, they also get some hydration from what they eat.

I have been out in south-central CO twice now and have found tons of rubs, one really nice wallow, but no fresh sign. I am starting to wonder if they are down near (or on) the private land rather than up high. The reason I don't think they are up high is that the summer was super dry and the alpine looks very brown with little vegetation and...I looked and they aren't there, lol.

Dry up here in MT too. I've been focusing on transitions and beds and been into them regularly. Not talking AT ALL though. so we will see what happens...plenty of season left.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back