Caribou Gear Tarp

RCI Skid Plates

MThuntr

Looking to give myself a set of RCI skid plates for my birthday...lead times suggest 2 months so it'll be perfect timing for antelope season. Putting them on a bone stock 2017 F150.

Would you buy the full set (engine, transmission, transfer case) or would you opt for something less like just engine or engine and transmission?

i don't know anything at the end of the day, especially since my skid plates have never had to be put to the test.

but i always have this assumption that if you're gonna smack your transfer case.... for some reason i feel like the skid plates aren't gonna help, plus you lose a lot of ground clearance in my mind when putting armor on the transfer case.

my titan has some armor on the fuel tank which i like.

I just put the full set on my 2020 F150 (Jack) and love the coverage (and a CO company you can actually go to) and think they were good value. The actual ready time was when a week or 2 of the estimate.

Attachments

• 20210702_135234.jpg
    20210702_135234.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 20210702_135249.jpg
    20210702_135249.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
I just put the full set on my 2020 F150 (Jack) and love the coverage (and a CO company you can actually go to) and think they were good value. The actual ready time was when a week or 2 of the estimate.
Thanks I like the looks of the full set. Do you think it's necessary to go full send on the coverage or as JLS mentioned just the motor?
Sounds like the crew at RCI and their partners are looking to up the price significantly on Monday so it's now or never.

Currently there is just like a plastic like factory setup on my F150 that provides zero protection but so far a plate would have been unscathed with my limited offroading.

For the limited cost difference (+- 300) I wanted to protect the most I could, especially as the trans and transfer case are $$$$$. I did feel the fuel tank plate was unnecessary for all but the most extreme offroading.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back