Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Range day, finally found "what my gun likes"

Excellent! Is that knife a buck 110 with a reground tip as well?

The knife is a Buck 501 folder that I've carried every day of my life since I got it for my 13th birthday. lol It's been around a bit.

I even thought I lost it once. Searched the whole house and couldn't find it. Went to sports shop and bought it's twin. 10 min after getting home....I found the other one. :D So, now I have a spare that's been in the package since 2006. :)

Ah sweet I love buck folders. I have a old 110 that was one of the first knives i bought myself. Broke the tip off years back and ground it into a nice drop point I actually prefer over the clip point. I always like to make sure I know where it is and sometimes I put it somewhere so good that it wont get moved than I forget. I take it on hunts but use my 2 moras 95% of the time. I seriously take it out to ceremoniously cut game so that buck can be part of my accomplishments. I am proud of the blood tinted patina.

I have a 110 Folder as well. It's in my pack or on my belt on almost every hunt. I bought my son one for his birthday this year as well. Hopefully, he gets to bloody it this season.

I have noticed this phenomenon on many occasions. I think that sometimes bullets take a bit to settle into their flight, also.

Brian Litz addressed this on a podcast I listened to recently. He believes that theory is bogus and has never seen it before. He has an offer to anyone who can provide a rifle, bullet, load combo that he will get them to and from his place for free if he can witness and study the phenomenon. His theory is that other issues, namely shooter concentration and techniques, are responsible and not a ballistics phenomenon.

Brian Litz addressed this on a podcast I listened to recently. He believes that theory is bogus and has never seen it before. He has an offer to anyone who can provide a rifle, bullet, load combo that he will get them to and from his place for free if he can witness and study the phenomenon. His theory is that other issues, namely shooter concentration and techniques, are responsible and not a ballistics phenomenon.
Very well could be. One tends to concentrate more, when the distance increases. Whatever the case, it seems like 200 yards is more telling as to what the load will do.

Back