Ramcats?

emrah1028

Just listened to a podcast featuring Ramcats. Seen them for years but I never paid much attention to them. Anyone use them and have real world results with them? I know they fly great, but I'm interested in hearing about penetration.

Emrah

I haven't used them personally, but I talked to a guide in New Mexico last year who has had a few clients use them. He was quite impressed with their performance and switched to them himself. I'm considering giving them a try, though I have no real reason to switch from my Slick Tricks.

I've killed 2 whitetails with them so far. Both great shots but I was impressed with them. I'd like so see the same head in a true fixed version and loose the little screws. They are a one and done head imho. The blades flex a little.

Trying to decide myself on what I want to take on my first elk hunt. Ramcats and the old slick trick magnum are high on the list.

Work well on turkeys as well

They are a tight fit in the tightspots quiver but they do fit. I've got a older model with foam insert.

Had friends with great success on whitetail also. Even pass through a on wild hogs every time which says a lot. Enough for me to switch to this summer for the year.

I never shot an animal with them but I got annoyed by the blades. Target practice was difficult because I had to tighten the blades after every shot and when I would pull them out of my Tight Spot quiver it would flip a blade or two back also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back