Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Rain, in Arizona ?

A-con

Is it possable ?
I see it on the national weather maps, but tell me for real, are you guys finally getting wet ?

Not much rain around my area Dan. There is a little dusting of snow down to 6500' or so. We need a bunch more than the little we have gotten the last week or so.

Got just enough in the Phx area to spot my new truck. We've gone 140+ days without measurable rain and it's projected to storm this weekend since I'll be fishing. Oh well, be careful what you wish for I guess.

I had four inch rains at my house.

In Arizona, that equates to a drop every four inches.

:cool:

where stan lives he got ripped off. buddy of mine told me the verde valley was the only place that didnt have any snow sat.

we had 6" of snow at bartlett lake, the grand canyon had 28 yesterday , sunday when we were up there it was solid snow from sunset point( just north of phoenix to the canyon) south of ashfork there was 4-6 inches on the ground williams had 12-18( depending where you were)
roosevelt lake has 4-10" of snow on the banks.

roosevelt lake south of payson
HPIM0211.JPG

right on the lake
HPIM0206a.JPG

HPIM0205.JPG

Bartlett lake
DSCN0648.JPG

DSCN0649.JPG

Some more of bartlett lake
right before the turn off.

Seven springs had anywhere from 6" -24" depending on where you went, I know a few guys that drove it

Attachments

• Day Trip bartlett 016.jpg
    Day Trip bartlett 016.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 264
  • Day Trip bartlett 039.jpg
    Day Trip bartlett 039.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 264
That's good news Delw. I better change my rain dance to a "draw an elk tag with no points dance", now thats going to take some dancing !

My attempt of fishing Roosevelt this past weekend. The weather man around here is always wrong....this time he underestimated.

Roosevelt06011.jpg

Roosevelt06014.jpg

And one while we were leaving after being stuck overnight due to road closures.
Roosevelt06023.jpg

I had two inches of snow on Sunday morning at my house in Cottonwood. It snowed half the day Friday and all day Saturday. It didn't start to stick until Saturday night. Flagstaff had between 22-28 inches depending on where you were at. It is a good start but we could use a few more all weekend storms before June................

Basser
those are awsum pics.

Elkhunter I didnt take any of those pics, they are from azbasszone and some friends...

I did take these though.
IMG_2106.JPG

IMG_2114.JPG

Claudia was rolling in the snow as soon as we stopped and she never stopped, the kid loved it, Anthony loved it as well and even Dani had a good time.

Rumor has it we may be in for another good storm this weekend. It may not be a bonus point only season in AZ after all???????????

Hear in central Calif. we are getting smacked today. Started raining about four hours ago, been coming down hard all morning. Looks like it's headed south east, so you should see it tomorrow.

AZ402 said:
It may not be a bonus point only season in AZ after all???????????

Every year seems to be bonus point only for me....regardless of the amount of moisture :rolleyes:

Supposed to be trying out a pheasant hunt club this weekend but wouldn't be too bummed if it got rained/snowed out.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back