Rain Gear?

+1 for OR Helium. Walked out of a lot of bad storms with it without incident. Would not use it for week long trips however.

+1 for OR Helium. Walked out of a lot of bad storms with it without incident. Would not use it for week long trips however.
Pretty small and lite for something that hardly ever gets used.
Like you say, if I needed rain gear in Alaska, I would use something that could stand a little more abuse. I haven’t even pulled a rain coat out the last few years though in Co 2nd rifle.

Catch and Release apparel rain gear from our very own @Moosie !!! I really like it, for someone who spends 100 days in the field hunting, 30 of those days in the backcountry where your gear is what’s going to save your life, this is what I use.
Matt

I've been pleased with my Black Diamond stormline set. To be fair I'm in Colorado where a light weight set makes more sense than an all day brush busting set does.

I am using a rain suit from a company called TideWe. I bought a pair of insulated waders for duck hunting a few years back and have been very happy with them. The rain suit is only $46, comes with its own compressible dry sack for storage and wears well. It's not kuiu or sitka gear, but for something I won't be using all that often, I think it's great. If I was doing a Yukon hunt where I would be expecting a ton of rain for days on end, I would probably invest ins something higher dollar, but for my uses, it's perfect.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back