Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Quick Update.

AZ402

I had to run home for a couple days. Owning your own business can be a blessing and a curse. Here is a quick little synopsis of myself and IDB's hunt.

Thursday: meet up with Bryce and head to the hills. We hike to the top of a steep little peak and stay until dark. We hear nothing but I know the elk are near from previous scouting.

Friday morning (opening day): Hike back up the peak in the dark. We continue to hear and see nothing. Soon another group of hunters climbs up the hill, I'm not thrilled. Shortly after Bryce calls in a little 4x5 that we both pass, me at 12yds Bryce at 8yds.

Shortly after that we hear a few bugles and begin to chase. We get in on the bulls one of which i'm sure is a bull I've been watching and want to shoot. Herd bull is rakeing a tree roughly 50yds in front of us. I'm thinking that this just might happen. His cow was at 40yds, busts out and he follows|oo.

Small 6x6 is still close, call him in to 15yds. We both pass the 300in bull but got some cool video.

I'll get to Friday evening later or tomorrow.

So far it has been a fun camp but the elk hunting has been marginal at best. We have three tags in camp and all could have easily tagged out but the rut is coming soon.

I was just in 6B last weekend for my friend's hunt and it too was very quiet still. Heard a few bugles but nothing you could really chase. Headed up tommorow A.M. (they are still there) to try and help these old bastards out. Hope they will start talking soon! Screw that wish I had a tag in hand!!!! Good luck on your hunt.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back