Quick cooler upgrade

Wild Bill

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2015
Messages
2,737
Location
SD
Saw this snap together flooring at Menards the other day. I thought it would make a good drainage grate for my coolers. They’re 1/2” tall. Could stack them two high for more clearance, if desired.

Snap em together. Measure the cooler. Mark. Cut. I used a grinder with a cutting wheel and it zipped through it no problem.
1791575320336.png


IMG_7236.jpeg
IMG_7237.jpeg
 
How rigid are they, do they flex at the seams? Could you stack a second inside a bigger cooler to create a shelf/barrier for meat to allow air flow?
Individually they are fairly rigid.
They do flex at the seams without unsnapping.
The top is flat, obviously. The bottom looks like below. I don’t know how much air flow you get in an airtight cooler, but yes you could stack them.
IMG_7239.jpeg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,172
Messages
2,252,197
Members
39,106
Latest member
wkshaw
Back
Top