Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

questions about anyone experienced with lions/bear using hounds

idhuntingfool

Ok just a quick question, anyone in idaho or hunts idaho, with dogs know anyone i can hook up with or has info on getting a cat or bear....the bear is gonna have to wait til next spring...anyways since i am behind on the whole buck/bull turkey thing with my brother, i would like to be the first to get me a cat.....i am thinking about going in northern idaho in the spring for a spot and stalk..... Oh yeah why am i behind cause i was in the military fighting ragheads...so i got him beat on that cateragory....basicly i just want to shut him up for a little while.....:BLEEP: :BLEEP: :BLEEP: :D

When I lived in sandpoint there was a guy that ran cats that had a preety good reputation his last name was Doug Meyer he and his son run the outfit, good guys I never hunted with them but knew them thru work, they hunt the trestle creek clark fork area along montana line hope this helps

I would look into the controlled hunts for spring bear. I know there are a couple of good hunts there.

There is a guy near Sandpoint Idaho that has a very good outfitting business for lion hunting. I know because I killed a 150 pound tom hunting with him. His name is Clint Gray with Buckshot Outfitting. I guarantee you won't be disappointed if you go on a hunt with him. He probably won't recommend a spot and stalk on a lion, but he can certainly put you on one, that I know for sure. He does bears as well. Again HIGHLY recommended from me, he is a first class hunter. Here is his website:

http://www.angelfire.com/id/buckhunting/

Im in the same boat, looking for someone to hunt a lion with. I'm a farmboy from washington but i hunt about every spare second, i hunt elk out of clarkia, Idaho and know that area pretty well. Most outfitters are around $4000. Are there any people who just hunt cats for fun that would want to go? Or should i just plan on 4 grand? I'd love to tag along with somebody.

Back