Caribou Gear Tarp

Question on .223 ammo

imported_John

OK folks, I need some opinions. I have a friend that just picked up a new CZ Varminter in .223. He wants to reload for it, but still has to buy the dies and some brass. Bass Pro Shops has some ammo on sale, and he asked me if it was any good to shoot, and if it was good brass to reload. The ammo is made by PMC. It is 55 grain hollow point ammo, and comes in 200 round boxes for $49.95. DO any of you know anything about this ammo?
Thanks for the help.
John :cool:

John, PMC is good ammo. They've been in business for arround 20 years. They started out reloading other makes of ammo, now they own their own headstamps. The cases are boxer primed and of quite good quality IMHO.

Thanks Snuffy. I guess I'll run down and buy a few boxes. Take care, and tell Mrs. Snuffy(if there is one ) Happy Mother's Day!
:D

sorry im late here john. the biggest trouble with 223 brass is being sure it is not military ammo. there is a visible ring around the primer and they use a different type of primer as well. this will sometimes happen with 30-06 and 308 ammo also but military surplus stuff for them isnt as common

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back