Question for you ND fellas

mtmiller

I thought this might be a good year to try some deer hunting in the "bad dakota";) . I figured it will take a couple years to figure out some good mule deer spots for archery, so I had better get started. I have a friend that recently took a stint at the Little Missouri River NG, I hope to get some info from him soon. I am not looking for a monster, just a fun week looking for a decent 4 point.

Do you residents feel there is plenty of opportunity to find some decent hunting on public land? Can a guy knock on some doors and have any luck as well? I am planning for early Sept before things get rolling around here, but Dec or early Jan wouldn't be out of the question either.

thanks guys for any PM's

nd muleys

i have hunted up in nodack country and man nice muleys. i have always wanted to go back. i always find a reason not to go. mainly becuase i couldn't find a hunting partner to go with.
i went south of a little town MEDORA. there is hwy 85 north out of South Dakota that we took. right before the town of Amidon, we took a left onto a gravel road. this is a county road that takes you all the way up to Medora. there is miles of state land here. and lots of big muley bucks. we found more than 5-6 mature bucks in each area of state we walked into. another thing i liked is this area is very good for the walking hunter. not many ATV riders here.
if you need more info P.M. me

I also hunted North Dak while stationed there 85-89 (Minot). Never deer hunted just geese, grouse, duck, pheasant, and also fished a lot. Great place if you love the outdoors.

mtmiller,

I will send you a PM in the near future. I will be in Red Lodge skiing for the rest of the week. Take care.

Thanks for the help fellas, I am looking forward to chasing mule deer in a new area. Always apprehensive about shooting at ones in MT and having my only buck tag filled for the season.

buschy, looking forward to hearing from you and I appreciate the PM's from others...

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back