PEAX Equipment

question for the fowlers out there

skimerhorn

Ok I live in va, but want to get out and try some different waterfowl hunting. Here we just have rivers and beaver pond mostly to hunt, not there's anything wrong with that. I just want to try something different. I'd like to try a pit blind over a rice field, or maybe some timber hunting? As far as species, I'd like to get a speckle belly goose. This is planning for a next year hunt, but want to start now so I can research license and other stuff. What areas would you recommend? I was considering Arkansas or Louisiana, but wasn't sure how good the hunting was there? I've also heard Missouri was good? I'm not asking for coordinates to your spot, just a state that would have some of the things go I'm looking for, with some good shooting. Would be really nice if it was in the Mississippi flyway. Thanks in advance for the tips.

Last edited:
Not sure what Tim error hunting is? Maybe you meant timber?

If you want to shoot specks, you listed the three of the best states to do it in...the only other state I'd consider is California.

Timber hunting, I'd look into Arkansas(duh), north LA, or east Texas.

I'd check out places in Western KY. Low non-res prices, close to home, and plenty of opportunities for you there. I've hunted quota draw on Ballard WMA there and i've never seen so many birds in one place. Specks, Canadas, Snows, and most every duck imaginable. Plenty of public land and many guide services (if you're into that).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back