Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Question About Lil Gun

Fatman

I stopped by last night to pick up some H110 and Lil Gun at the local gun shop to try in my Hornet carbine, the only thing I found labeled Lil Gun said "Shotgun Powder". This may be a stupid question but, is there another Lil Gun or was this the correct powder?

As far as I know , only thing called Lil Gun is the powder by Hodgdon . It's supposed to be good in big sixguns as well as the Hornet . If they labeled it shotgun powder , they must mean for use in the .410 .

It was Hodgdon and the the only loads they listed were for .410, that was why I was wondering.

Lil Gun was developed fgor the .410 shotgun, but works well in magnum pistols, the Hornet, I think even the .30 Carbine. Go to
www.hodgdon.com then to "data", wade thru the disclaimers and check the cartridge. I haven't looked at the Hornet there, though. My flight to Texas was cancelled, so now I have to wait until this afternoon and fly out of Orange County! I mailed you the whole magazine, Fatman, as I didn't get time to get to a copier last night. Good luck!

CH
Thanks a bunch
Did you put your return address on it so I could send it back to you after I copy it?

If not send me an Email with it and I will fire it back as soon as I can run a copy.

Good luck on your hunt with Moosie

Dennis

Thanks, Dennis. No problem, though, you can keep it. I've either already read it or already have the data they have in it on the calibers I use. Off to the airport!
Rick

Fatman,I've never used Lil'Gun, but I understand it falls in the crossover catagory. Kind of like 700 and 800. It can be used in shotguns and in some of the more petit rifle cartridges. Let me know how it works. I may have to pick some up to try in the .17. I know I tried Varget, and everyone raves about it, but I couldn't get it to out perform my existing loads in either accuracy or velocity. But I'm always looking for a better way. So try it and let me know.
cool.gif

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back