Yeti GOBOX Collection

Purchasing Colorado Preference Points

338 win mag

I looked on the CWP website but maybe I missed the dates. Are the dates for purchasing non res points the same as the ones for applying for an actual license?

Opens 3/1. Same process must buy qualifying license.
I attempted to do my own research on this but I came here and searched the topic and found your comment so if you wouldn't mind answering this for me. I need to purchase an annual small game license to buy a preference point only as a non resident? Do they refund the license fee if I just apply for elk and deer points and no second choices or is that a cost I'll just have to eat? I've looked all over their big game brochure and I'm sure it's there somewhere. Thanks in advance.

I attempted to do my own research on this but I came here and searched the topic and found your comment so if you wouldn't mind answering this for me. I need to purchase an annual small game license to buy a preference point only as a non resident? Do they refund the license fee if I just apply for elk and deer points and no second choices or is that a cost I'll just have to eat? I've looked all over their big game brochure and I'm sure it's there somewhere. Thanks in advance.
You have to eat the small game license cost. This is a new rule to make CO consistent with other states, UT, NM, ID, AK, etc

You have to eat the small game license cost. This is a new rule to make CO consistent with other states, UT, NM, ID, AK, etc
Ok thank you. I guess for the $9 fee for each species it's fair. Thanks again for the help.

Boy, they keep changing that up. Seems like this is the third system they've had in the last 5 or 6 years.

Boy, they keep changing that up. Seems like this is the third system they've had in the last 5 or 6 years.
I think it's actually the 3rd system in 3 years. I have no idea if it was supposed to be a gradual process or if they just made some really bad choices and then had to fix them. Either way, the current system, I think, is designed to reduce the number of people just collecting preference points by making it more expensive, while still keeping the CPW funding in place (fewer people applying, but those fewer people spending more money).

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back