Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Pulled the trigger on a Argali Absaroka 4p

Ghillieman

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Argali Absaroka 4p tent. Spoke to Brad Brooks at length and honestly I think this tent is one of the best back packing tents out there. No Ive not field tested it yet but will very soon and will give feedback. Weight, price, no stretch, size, hot tent option, insert options and construction sold me. I shopped and researched for months and again kept circling back to this floorless. Seems pretty damn bulletproof.
Im also excited to see the top secret new stove the have coming out after this season. Suppose to be lighter than Seeks and easier set up.

I’m thinking of getting the 2p Rincon. Seems pretty versatile yet still pretty light weight. Have you used yours yet?

I’m thinking of getting the 2p Rincon. Seems pretty versatile yet still pretty light weight. Have you used yours yet?
No just got it end of june and gonna set it up in a few weeks. The difference in weight, packability between the two is negligable so I went with the 4p. Doing a solo otc 2nd rifle elk hunt in CO. And itll be a castle. Argali is suppose to roll out a titanium stove after the first of the year. Waiting on it to see how it looks compared to Seeks

How was the tent? I use an X mid and a seek outside DST, but have been thinking of picking one of these up for for use with a stove.

Awesome tent. You wont regret it. Argali is coming out with a stove after first of the year im likely to pick up as well.

Awesome tent. You wont regret it. Argali is coming out with a stove after first of the year im likely to pick up as well.
Just pulled the trigger on the Absaroka as well, with the half liner and stove. Would you still rate the tent as high after a year+ of ownership? I've only heard good things, and the tent is already on the credit card bill, but all experiences are helpful in easing the mind that my research paid off.

Just pulled the trigger on the Absaroka as well, with the half liner and stove. Would you still rate the tent as high after a year+ of ownership? I've only heard good things, and the tent is already on the credit card bill, but all experiences are helpful in easing the mind that my research paid off.
Have the rincon, bought it when it came to market after testing.

It's seen rain, wind, snow of all fashions (up to 45mph winds, mind you this is in the midwest), rock, sand, prairie.

Didn't seam seal until about a month ago. Had no problem before, I don't forsee any problem. Few pin holes I've since sealed up, but that was on me and my pyromania..

Stove jack/sleeve combo jacket works great, though i tend to keep both in and pick and choose which is used in the field.

Stitching and seams are all in good condition yet. I'm waiting to wear it out to jump to the Absaroka. I dson't use their liners, so can't comment there. A whole bunch nights and days set up.

My only complaint, and may not be valid with the 4p vs the 2p, is I always find the height a little off in "draft mode".

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back