Puffy pants

I ended up getting the Under Armour ones @neffa3 mentioned above, the Alpine Ops Ridge Reaper. I am very pleased with how they are made. Full side zippers, 800fill, belt loops, pockets, not too baggy, integrated stuff sack. đź‘Ť

As an aside, after reading lots of reviews on different puffy pants and jackets, it boggles my mind how many people write negative reviews because they don’t stand up to waking through brush/alders. 🤣 Wtf.

I went with the Western Mountaineering Flight pants, with the gore windstopper on seat and knees.

I haven't used them a ton, but have a number of glassing sessions in them and they've been good. In silly cold -16f in WY I did a tiny bit of hiking in them, unzipped mostly, but was uber careful not to be anywhere near brush.

It's a very nice insurance and comfort to have them available.

Has anyone tried the Goosefeet Gear custom built down pants? You can pick your fabrics, fill weight, size style and length, etc. They're at the top of my list if I replace my FL Uncompahgre. I would only be replacing due to the packability for longer trips. Happy overall with the FL.

I have and use Mountain Hardware Compressor, First Lite and Sitka 3/4 puffy pants. I prefer the First Lite to the MH for full length but it is not that big of a difference overall. If I am going to be packing the pants or wearing gaiters etc I go for the Sitka. I actually really like the 3/4 length for its purpose.

Honestly I don't use the full length ones as much anymore. For the activities I used them for (mostly low output) I now generally wear a pair of Sitka Dakota pants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back