Public Land Waterfowl North Dakota

clubandfang

Hi all,
I hunt primarily in Western MN, but my brother and I are looking to spread our wings towards our western neighbor in North Dakota this year. Anyone have any tips on where to hunt waterfowl on public land in NoDak? Not asking you to give up your favorite slough (unless you feel so inclined), just put us in the ballpark. Thanks!

I've spent a bit of time hunting them around Kulm and Ashley. Little pothole lakes all over the place and plenty of ducks. One of the highlights for me is lunch at the local cafe's. Best cinnamon rolls and pies around and the people are always very friendly.

we have had some great hunting NW of Jamestown. Numerous little potholes/etc. We just scouted and talked to farmers...we were only turned down once and that is because they had some friends coming in to hunt.good luck

Don't limit yourself to public land, as others have said getting permission to hunt ducks usually isn't hard.

Hunt where you find birds...

As a ND resident I would say just go out and scout. Find a few places that you would like to hunt and ask for permission in person. Odds are that you will be able to hunt. Great hunting all over the state.

Back