Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Public land nemesis

So two or three years ago I got this buck on camera 3 times in the heat of the rut and I didn't think much of it because it was the rut and bucks travel thru all the time. I never seen him again and figured he was harvested or living elsewhere. He was a solid 170ish buck when I got pics of him. But he definitely wasn't gone cause his sheds were found yesterday in the same area as chiefs sheds. Rough scored 230 inches. Pretty bonkers that there is two 200+ inch whitetails running around the same area on public land. Where the heck do they hide and why the hell can't I ever find these damn sheds.

FullSizeR1(8).jpgScreenshot_20210301-185140_Gallery.jpg

Hilljack, getting both the finders together was brilliant!!! JLS was close, but it wasnt "2 go out and one came back", it was "3 met and 2 bodies will never be found"!:whistle:

Pretty cool that everyone is playing nice in the sandbox over some unbelievable sheds! i gotta believe there are a few people that would be a little snarly.

Oh, and by the way, there are going to be some unhappy Hunttalkers if you don't get one of them next year. Just sayin'. If that adds a little pressure, so be it!!! Don't let us down.

I took this buck in 2015. To my knowledge, no one had ever seen him on the hoof until I glassed him up from about a mile away. My brother and I moved in and I was able to connect. Pretty awesome memories from that day. He has 27" main beams. My brother took a buck three years prior that was also a ghost, although we had one shed from the previous year we had never seen him. I love the challenge of hunting mature whitetail bucks. Once you know they're out there, they'll haunt you. You know they must be in the area but they just seem to vanish

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1614719371229.jpg
    FB_IMG_1614719371229.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 32
  • FB_IMG_1614719702034.jpg
    FB_IMG_1614719702034.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 32
I'm around 80% sure this is chief and if it is he looks like about the oldest frailest deer in Idaho. Gonna be interesting to see what he looks like come end of August. But I fear his days are windng down fast. Makes me pretty sad.

Screenshot_20210525-203149_File Viewer.jpg

I'm around 80% sure this is chief and if it is he looks like about the oldest frailest deer in Idaho. Gonna be interesting to see what he looks like come end of August. But I fear his days are windng down fast. Makes me pretty sad.

View attachment 184237
Thoughts on hunting season? Let him die of old age? I suspect he just saw his last winter.

You need to look close at these 2 elk. The one on the right was killed on public ground several years ago. The elk on the left is the same bull, just the year before. When they were taking the bull out, they found the sheds not 1/2 mile from where she killed that bull, It does make Boone and Crockett...

thumbnail_IMG_1923.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back