Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Processors in the Wheatland area

.270Rem

Can anyone share their experiences with processors in the Wheatland area? We are planning on hunting nearby on a cow tag and it's the closest town. Thanks.

The elk hunt is going to start after we leave Casper, hopefully with several antelope. We have used a couple processors there, but it really won't be worth backtracking that far.

It's a little farther north but I have used Lusk Game Processing. The son also has a taxidermy shop. I was pleased with both the processing and the taxidermy work.

I had a bull processed in Wheatland right south of town, the place was a little stinky, but they did a really good job. It was one of the best elk I have ever eaten.

I had a bull processed in Wheatland right south of town, the place was a little stinky, but they did a really good job. It was one of the best elk I have ever eaten.
H&H meats is the name of the place. I’ve taken 2 elk there. They do a good job but hold on to your wallet. Get the finished price before you pull your cooler out of the truck. My last one done with the rush fee put me back almost 700 bucks. I just take my processing stuff with me now and spend a extra day there cutting everything up into whole muscle groups and gallon bags of trim to grind later.

H&H meats is the name of the place. I’ve taken 2 elk there. They do a good job but hold on to your wallet. Get the finished price before you pull your cooler out of the truck. My last one done with the rush fee put me back almost 700 bucks. I just take my processing stuff with me now and spend a extra day there cutting everything up into whole muscle groups and gallon bags of trim to grind later.
I had similar issues with a deer and antelope I had done 2 years ago. Sticker shock!

Holy crap! I guess it's not a surprise though, there isn't much competition around here and it's a highly seasonal business for most.

I paid under $275 for processing of 4 quarters, rib, and neck meat at H&H in 2018. It was already skinned, quartered,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back