Caribou Gear

Problems with Bass Pro Shops/Cabela's

badkarma6

Has anyone else recently experienced problems when ordering items from Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's? In the past month, I have made 2 orders on Cabela's and one order on Bass Pro Shops and every time, I have had part of my order canceled. Twice they have canceled an order for ammunition, once for a pair of shoes and once for a trail camera. Each time, the website reflects that the item is in stock and available to ship and about 12-24hr later, I receive an email saying my order is canceled. They don't delay the order in an effort to restock the item or source it form a 3rd party vendor, they just cancel on you. If you contact customer service via phone they just say, "sorry, we ran out." If you email, you get no response.

I'm done with them at this point. The internet gives me too many options of vendors who can perform basic retail functions like accurately reflecting inventory available for purchase. This may sound stupid but it kind of breaks my heart. As a kid, I use to get so excited for the Cabela's catalog to come and now I feel like the store is just trash. I feel like both stores have declined significantly since merging. I have a local Cabela's store in Gainesville, VA, and the customer service there is terrible. I spoke to a salesman once about a rifle and he was nothing short of a total jerk who acted like he was too busy to answer my questions about a rifle. Anybody else experiencing similar issues?

I ordered an ALaknak tent and all the add on's for it on 8/4 and received it all on 8/8. Free shipping. Maybe I got lucky.

I would be frustrated as well If I had the experience that you did.

Has anyone else recently experienced problems when ordering items from Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's? In the past month, I have made 2 orders on Cabela's and one order on Bass Pro Shops and every time, I have had part of my order canceled. Twice they have canceled an order for ammunition, once for a pair of shoes and once for a trail camera. Each time, the website reflects that the item is in stock and available to ship and about 12-24hr later, I receive an email saying my order is canceled. They don't delay the order in an effort to restock the item or source it form a 3rd party vendor, they just cancel on you. If you contact customer service via phone they just say, "sorry, we ran out." If you email, you get no response.

I'm done with them at this point. The internet gives me too many options of vendors who can perform basic retail functions like accurately reflecting inventory available for purchase. This may sound stupid but it kind of breaks my heart. As a kid, I use to get so excited for the Cabela's catalog to come and now I feel like the store is just trash. I feel like both stores have declined significantly since merging. I have a local Cabela's store in Gainesville, VA, and the customer service there is terrible. I spoke to a salesman once about a rifle and he was nothing short of a total jerk who acted like he was too busy to answer my questions about a rifle. Anybody else experiencing similar issues?
It doesn’t sound stupid to me. I’ve felt the same way. I looked through those catalogs as a kid as well and I remember back in 99 my dad took me to the new Bass Pro Shops that had just opened in our area. I got my first slingshot on that trip. These days I almost avoid Bass Pro and Cabela’s and it’s sad to me that they aren’t the same companies we grew up buying from. If you ask me they were both headed down hill before the merger and that sealed the deal. As far as customer service I’ve had bad experiences as well. At my nearest Cabela’s store I literally had the guy working the optics counter tell me he didn’t really know much about binoculars when I inquired about a couple different models.

Cabelas is trash.

I still stop in to get 2% points back on a $9 purchase that took me too long to find and wasn’t what I was even looking for in the first place tho.

I've had a number of orders cancelled from both places in the last few years. Usually the items are in the "bargain cave" or on sale. The last order annoyed me enough to contact them since it was still showing online and available after it was cancelled, they weren't able to do anything and blamed it on the inventory...

I am done with them as well. Ordered some stuff that said it was in stock. Even went on the next day and almost ordered more and it said it was in stock. That was well over a month ago. Still haven’t received it and the customer support has been terrible. They basically told me that their inventory sometimes takes a while to update. I told them all the mom and pop stores around somehow have accurate inventory and that one of the middle schoolers I teach could write a program that could tell them accurate inventory. Finally had them cancel on Thursday. The worst part is I paid with a gift card and got rid of the gift card when I saw that part of the order shipped (That’s on me but I’ve been ordering from them for years without an issue). They told me they can’t access the gift card information for up to 48 hours. That was on Thursday. Still haven’t heard back. The BS they keep feeding me is laughable. I can’t believe how far they have fallen. I won’t spend another dime there although I am sure I will get gift cards for Christmas/birthdays as that’s what I’ve always asked for before.

My Dad's Ten Point Renegade XBow order just got cancelled (it was a Clearance Item) and when I tried to order a Rem 700 ADL in .243 for $168 into the store for pick up, it said all the way through the process that it was in stock to ship to store, but out of stock at the store. I got to the end of the process for the rifle and it said not in stock. We ordered my Dad's crossbow to the house so we don't have to run up to Cabela's and the order went through, printed a receipt. I thought yes we got lucky, but Dad was more even keeled about it but still planning accessories for it, etc... now I have to tell him tomorrow since he went to sleep before my email that we may have to either go for the full priced new year model or get the Wicked Ridge FX4 for $399 down from $560. It has the same scope, 3.5 pound trigger, it just doesn't have bolts that come with it, but he was going to get better ones anyway. Or may order from Scheel's or go to the local Dunham Sports since they have crossbows. I hope this doesn't make him not want to try for a crossbow. It opens up so many more hunt days for him and he was so excited that he found a deal and was finally going to get one.

I’ve done seven different orders this month from them because of the free shipping and have had no problems so far. The Cabelas here in Boise has pretty good people working in it, but most guys/gals that work in sporting goods stores around here hunt and fish.

I haven’t bought anything from Cabela’s in several years. Find stuff for better prices other places. Just cancelled my Cabela’s card also.

Had the same experience. Ordered an item that supposedly was in stock, only to get an email that it was cancelled. No explanation. No apology. Just cancelled. I sent an email to customer service to understand why, and didn’t get any response at all. They used to be one of the best, now they are one of the worst.

I had issues with ordering high demand rifles back in April. Their were some pretty big screw ups with items showing in stock but I think it was because of extreme demand. Ammo is all but gone in many places and I'm sure they're getting hit faster than they can keep up. It's not just them...Brownells, Grafs, and Powder Valley barely get things posted to their site before it's gone.

FWIW I've placed 3 or 4 orders in the last couple months, slowly burning the last of my points and freebies. Nothing would be considered high demand or clearance and everything I've ordered arrived in 2 days.

I know they just upgraded their website but the "search" function had been so bad they would not list items I know they actually sell. It was crazy and frustrating at the same time. I, like others, simply found products elsewhere.

we have a cabelas about 15 minutes from our house. I can actually see it, but the Mississippi is in the way. Even with it being that close I may go in there once a year as the staff usually doesn’t know about products or they don’t have what I’m looking for on the floor. That being said, Yesterday I decided I was going to order some new rain pants. I ordered them online to pick up in store about 10 a.m. they were ready to be picked up by 2 pm.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Cabela's and basspro but I do buy some stuff from them.i just bought and pack from Cabela's and i got it in 3 days to my door. Hopefully it will last til I feel like I can spend the money on the mystery Ranch I want. I definitely agree with alot of their staff not having decent knowledge on their hunting equipment and I don't go in there asking for there opinion on stuff either tho, I go for what I want and get what I want.. and I do love my Cabela's card.

I know they just upgraded their website but the "search" function had been so bad they would not list items I know they actually sell. It was crazy and frustrating at the same time. I, like others, simply found products elsewhere.
I am not a fan of their website either

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back