PEAX Equipment

Problem with Marsupial Gear harness

fattybinz

Just bought a MG harness and a pair of Maven B.2 11x45s (upgrades from the Badlands XR and the Vortex diamondback 10x50s). When I ordered the MG harness, I noticed they had a 2018 model and a newer version. I ordered the new one that said "New super durable fleece lining makes sliding binoculars in and out virtually silent." I didn't really care about that but I figured newer was better. Haven't taken it out of the house yet but have played with it a bit. The problem is that the binos do not slide against that fleece lining at all. It takes a lot of wiggling, and I even have to sometimes have to use both hands to get it to go in. It is really inconvenient and I can't imagine having to deal with that in the field. The harness' size is correct: medium for the B.2s. Wondering if anyone else has run into this. The material of the Maven B.2s doesn't help...not sure how to describe it but the surface of it isn't smooth (I ordered a custom black one, not sure if that makes a difference in the texture). Wonder if Marsupial gear would exchange it for the old one. For those of you with the old one, is the material lining the inside the same as that on the outside?

I agree, that should not be so hard to extract binos. I would definitely reach out MG. At the very least, they may have a suggestion on how to work the new material.

Just bought a MG harness and a pair of Maven B.2 11x45s (upgrades from the Badlands XR and the Vortex diamondback 10x50s). When I ordered the MG harness, I noticed they had a 2018 model and a newer version. I ordered the new one that said "New super durable fleece lining makes sliding binoculars in and out virtually silent." I didn't really care about that but I figured newer was better. Haven't taken it out of the house yet but have played with it a bit. The problem is that the binos do not slide against that fleece lining at all. It takes a lot of wiggling, and I even have to sometimes have to use both hands to get it to go in. It is really inconvenient and I can't imagine having to deal with that in the field. The harness' size is correct: medium for the B.2s. Wondering if anyone else has run into this. The material of the Maven B.2s doesn't help...not sure how to describe it but the surface of it isn't smooth (I ordered a custom black one, not sure if that makes a difference in the texture). Wonder if Marsupial gear would exchange it for the old one. For those of you with the old one, is the material lining the inside the same as that on the outside?
Been looking at getting a Marsupial harness myself. Did you happen to reach out to MG to see what they said? I run Meopta's and they have a rubberized feel to them. I worry about the same thing.

Been looking at getting a Marsupial harness myself. Did you happen to reach out to MG to see what they said? I run Meopta's and they have a rubberized feel to them. I worry about the same thing.

I sent them an email today. I'll let you know what they say.

I got a 2019 version (small) for some 10x42 leupold gold ring binos, similar form factor to the maven b1

It was very snug at first and I worried about one hand operation, although haven't been able to properly test it out yet hiking etc

I put the nocs in and left it for a week....just checked this morning and seems the MG material has taken on the memory of the binos shape and is now much easier to slide in and out.

Also might check that removable objective lens covers that came with binos are off...i had to remove those.

I'll be interested to hear what you find out from MG

Last edited:
I'll be interested to hear what you find out from MG

Got an email from them today:

"Sorry to hear you are having issues with the pack! This is really the first time I have heard of this issue. I am not overly familiar with the outside armor of the Mavens but sounds like that is what is rubbing against the fleece. I know the Maven B2s are the biggest bino that fits in the medium so I am sure they are a little snug at first. What I can say is that there is definitely a break in time with each bino pack where they tend to mold to the binoculars that are inside them. In time they should slide in and out effortlessly without pulling the pack around much at all. I know some customers have even gone as far to "stretch" out their bino pack with oversized items to help the materials relax some and stretch a bit. After being overstuffed for a bit the binos will have a little more wiggle room as well.

I am happy to exchange for the 2018 model, but I only have those in size large. Additionally the large pack is slightly less deep because we found the larger/heavier optics bounced around too much when using the same depth as the small/medium.

Let me know what you would like to do, and if it is easier, give me a call on my cell. (602-350-4952). I want to make sure the pack works for you so I will get you taken care of regardless."

Sounds like great customer support so far. I guess I will give this pack a shot and see if the binos start going in and out more smoothly.

Sounds like really great CS. Good luck getting your issue handled, sounds like they will take care of you. Maybe you can pay for the 2018 model and see if it fits better, then return the one you don't want for a refund.

"Sorry to hear you are having issues with the pack! This is really the first time I have heard of this issue. I am not overly familiar with the outside armor of the Mavens but sounds like that is what is rubbing against the fleece. I know the Maven B2s are the biggest bino that fits in the medium so I am sure they are a little snug at first. What I can say is that there is definitely a break in time with each bino pack where they tend to mold to the binoculars that are inside them. In time they should slide in and out effortlessly without pulling the pack around much at all. I know some customers have even gone as far to "stretch" out their bino pack with oversized items to help the materials relax some and stretch a bit. After being overstuffed for a bit the binos will have a little more wiggle room as well.

I am happy to exchange for the 2018 model, but I only have those in size large. Additionally the large pack is slightly less deep because we found the larger/heavier optics bounced around too much when using the same depth as the small/medium.

Let me know what you would like to do, and if it is easier, give me a call on my cell. (602-350-4952). I want to make sure the pack works for you so I will get you taken care of regardless."

Sounds like great customer support so far. I guess I will give this pack a shot and see if the binos start going in and out more smoothly.
This has been my experience with MG as well. Great product and really good support and response time.

Thanks for sharing! It's good to see a company conduct business like this.

Back