Private Lands Only Cow Elk

ID_to_NV2012

Didnt draw an elk tag this year and wanted to see if some of the Utah Hunt Talkers could help me. Is it worth buying a non-resident private lands only cow tag? There are a handful of options available and wouldnt be against meat in the freezer. Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated!

Non resident cow tag is $593. Non resident combo license is $98. How much is the landowner fee?

There are definitely some ranches that you can get access to and be pretty well assured of getting a cow, but like Wallydeuce mentioned, you are going to be paying for it. Before purchasing the tag, I would give a call around or do some online research for places that charge landowner fees and find out what they are charging. Most of them are pretty steep price wise, and then you will pay the almost $700 as a non-resident to UT.

Non resident cow tag is $593. Non resident combo license is $98. How much is the landowner fee?
I apply for the draw so i dont care about the license. Also the tag is only $251. Hadnt thought about a landowner fee. Probably i nonstarter for me. If they charge for access they obviously dont care to get the elk off the property

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220916-150411_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220916-150411_Chrome.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 7
This seems to be the LOL of most folks complaining about having elk on/damaging their property, eh? Hard to feel bad for folks.
I dont know if the state of Utah pays on elk incurred damages but hunters are a good tool to use to get rid of them. I don't have to hunt private. Im happy to wait and just hunt public lands.

Back