PEAX Equipment

Preference points CO

williaada

I am confused on the CO preference points. When and how do you purchase a preference point in CO? For instance can I purchase an OTC tag and purchase a preference point or do I have to purchase the preference when the draw opens in 23?

Thanks

In CO, you can only obtain a pref pt during the first draw (applications due first Tues in April). Your next chance to gain a pp will be in April 2023.

Super confusing since all the western states seem to have a different process, but like the other guys said, the PP purchase is during the initial draw.

In secondary draw and leftover you cannot purchase a PP, nor will you use PPs for tags.

One more question, when applying for a unit next year, and purchasing the point is the point valid for 23 or does it count toward 24?

The point is earned in ‘23 as soon as the draw is over, but only if you don’t draw your first choice hunt (or if you select preference point as your first choice selection). You can’t use that point until the primary draw in 2024.

The point is earned in ‘23 as soon as the draw is over, but only if you don’t draw your first choice hunt (or if you select preference point as your first choice selection). You can’t use that point until the primary draw in 2024.
Good job. That’s an important point for anyone new to draw systems to grasp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back