Precision Reloading

What all of you are forgetting, and DOES play a LOT in bullet Travel is the Density, Humidity, Temperature and barometric pressure (witch changes second to second) of the atmosphere! STOP splitting hairs!! If you use the same Primers, Powder Drop, Bullet, etc. your eliminating EVERYTHING YOU HUMANLY CAN BUT the Shooter!! Stop acting like teenage, JR High idiots!! WOW! I can hit PAPER 1/16" better than you! This train of thought is idiotic! Uneducational and unrealistic! Who gives a Rats Harry ass! AN Elk's kill zone is 18 INCHES!!! That is a foot and a half for those that don't know and want to compare primers. OMFG!!! Get a life and talk about REAL stuff like how B.C. on the same bullet weight, elevation or temperature of what you sighted your rifle in at affects your bullet flight 1000X more than what friggen primer you use! GET A LIFE! Talk real Physics or STFU!
5F6D6612-6430-493A-BF62-51547011E380.jpeg

It is my opinion that many shooters who say they are getting X sized groups at 300 yards have never been to a 300 yard range. They are extrapolating from groups they shot at 100 yards. Even here in Idaho a 300+ yard controlled shooting location can be difficult to find. Here in our county, the only 200+ location was gated up without reason or comment. I used to shoot out to 600 there. No more. It's now 90 miles to a good covered range with solid tables where we can go long.

Are you talking about the Shoshone County range? I grew up in Kellogg and have shot there a couple times while home, probably one of the best ranges I've been to.

What all of you are forgetting, and DOES play a LOT in bullet Travel is the Density, Humidity, Temperature and barometric pressure (witch changes second to second) of the atmosphere! STOP splitting hairs!! If you use the same Primers, Powder Drop, Bullet, etc. your eliminating EVERYTHING YOU HUMANLY CAN BUT the Shooter!! Stop acting like teenage, JR High idiots!! WOW! I can hit PAPER 1/16" better than you! This train of thought is idiotic! Uneducational and unrealistic! Who gives a Rats Harry ass! AN Elk's kill zone is 18 INCHES!!! That is a foot and a half for those that don't know and want to compare primers. OMFG!!! Get a life and talk about REAL stuff like how B.C. on the same bullet weight, elevation or temperature of what you sighted your rifle in at affects your bullet flight 1000X more than what friggen primer you use! GET A LIFE! Talk real Physics or STFU!

Are you talking about the Shoshone County range? I grew up in Kellogg and have shot there a couple times while home, probably one of the best ranges I've been to.
Here in Latah County most of us shot at the Shirrod Road rock pit in Genesee. You could shoot 600 there. There was a project to widen US95 to 4 lanes from the top of Lewiston Grade to just south of Moscow. THey took their gravel from that barrow pit. Where they were finished which the job, the rock pit was gated and posted.

There was also a USFS location near Deary, but they punched in a road behind it so it's not a safe location to shoot anymore. Now I have to go to a club range in Rockford, Wa. Things are a little chilly there because of a school shooting in nearby Freeman, Wa a few years back. I have heard there is another range at Mica near CDA, but I don't know where it is.

Look at the youtube video posted at the start of this thread: Precision Reloading is easy. You complicate it!

Combustion variation: typical causes variable neck tension, primer variation, type or variation in powder, variation in case capacity.
So when comparing primers, chronograph data are your friend...which primer consistently yields the lowest standard deviation in muzzle velocity?

I shoot all my loads over a chrono. That’s why I’m not worried about the naysayers when they can’t understand that it works.

Here in Latah County most of us shot at the Shirrod Road rock pit in Genesee. You could shoot 600 there. There was a project to widen US95 to 4 lanes from the top of Lewiston Grade to just south of Moscow. THey took their gravel from that barrow pit. Where they were finished which the job, the rock pit was gated and posted.

There was also a USFS location near Deary, but they punched in a road behind it so it's not a safe location to shoot anymore. Now I have to go to a club range in Rockford, Wa. Things are a little chilly there because of a school shooting in nearby Freeman, Wa a few years back. I have heard there is another range at Mica near CDA, but I don't know where it is.

Ever check out the Lewis-Clark Wildlife Club? I have a friend in Lewiston that shoots there, $60/year, but better than driving to Cd'A. I've shot at the pit in Genessee, was a great place, to bad they closed it up.

Yeah, and some of the top shooters weigh and separate each primer. Glad i'm not THAT anal!

But that is one reason i tend to follow Bryan Litz. He's tried all that stuff, and will tell ya what makes a difference & what doesn't.

Who else has tried Varget in 338LM, and with different primers, and can tell ya what it does & doesn't do.

Back