Powerbelt Bullets

I have had mixed results with them on deer. I have not shot elk with them. I have some .54 solids that were amazing and would have worked well on elk, but I never had a chance to try them. I don't think they are even available anymore.

I shoot the Hornady FPB and it is far superior in my opinion and much more accurate in my rifle.

Arround 300 -350 pounds on the hoof. Bigger than a whitetail but not as big as bull elk. Maybe size of a small cow elk.I have shot several caribou in my life..The meat is good but not as good as moose.

Caribou range in size considerably. Cows and young bulls are about the size of an average muledeer buck. There are a couple herds in AK that have bulls considerably larger boddied than other herds. Like 20% bigger. Similar to the "mountain" caribou in Canada, they're larger in both antler and body than the barren ground verity. The mature bulls are almost twice as big or more than a cow or younger bull. The last few we've killed have netted around 140-160+lbs of meat. These were on the XL side body wise for bulls, compared to most that I've seen. I've been in on a lot of elk kills, and the large bull caribou are every bit as big as a 2.5yo bull elk. I've weighed a few bone in quarters, they range from 50 to 60lbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back