Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Powder Measure

mconway951

Hey guys im in the market for a new powder measure this year i have been using the cheap one that came in my Lee Kit and id like to upgrade to a more consistant one so what do you use and let me know what you think?
Thanks guys

I like my RCBS measure just fine. It's the one that came with the Rock Chucker Supreme kit. Not sure how long you've been reloading, but I'm sure you've figured out that the biggest issue with consistency is the powder used, not the powder measure itself. Spherical powders (W231, 748) pour great. Others like IMR-3031, 4350 and RL-15 are a pain in the ass, as they're extruded.

Emrah

The Hornady is the best for the money. It is easy to adjust. You just turn it in or out with your fingers and it has O-rings that keep it there it doesn't change. It is very accurate. Electronic powder measures are very good but slow. I also have a lyman1200dps3 it works pretty well but as with any electronic scale it must be on a level surfac or it will not be consitent. I usually look for ball powders to try and use my hornady powder measure and it is always +or- a tenth Gr the same as the electronic. if you use stick powders you still need a powder trickler but it will be more consistent than your lee-my brother in-law has one. My best friend has the RCBS and the Hornady is better. The Dillon is the best if you are willing to spend that much.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back