Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Powder for any of you MT boys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatrock

A few weeks ago, I was watching Powder Valley super close for a few powders and was lucky enough to get in 2 orders on different days. Was a little over zealous though and don't need it all. I'm gonna be going through MT tomorrow on I-94 from ND to Billings and so if someone from MT was looking for a few powders, I could meet you somewhere along interstate. I have IMR 4831, H322 and H335. I'd want maybe $50 a pound and that would just be to make it less likely for anyone to resell it on Gun Broker. Anyways, if that would help out anyone, shoot me a pm asap.

A few weeks ago, I was watching Powder Valley super close for a few powders and was lucky enough to get in 2 orders on different days. Was a little over zealous though and don't need it all. I'm gonna be going through MT tomorrow on I-94 from ND to Billings and so if someone from MT was looking for a few powders, I could meet you somewhere along interstate. I have IMR 4831, H322 and H335. I'd want maybe $50 a pound and that would just be to make it less likely for anyone to resell it on Gun Broker. Anyways, if that would help out anyone, shoot me a pm asap.

^^^ This is why a you can't easily buy powder online at $30 per pound.

So you hoarded a bunch of powder that you didn’t need and now your going to sell it at a 30+% profit so that the people who buy it won’t sell it online at a profit? Got it., lol.. got any h1000 or rl33.. h4350? Lol

I've tried to help 2 people out locally the past week. One was looking for 2 pounds of 4831 and so I sold it to him for $35 a pound. Literally 2 days later, the same guy listed 2 pounds of 4831 for $150. The 2nd guy was looking for H322. I said I'd sell it to him for $35 as well and he came back and offered me $30. Really?

Thought I was being nice by offering to meet up with somebody so they wouldn't have to pay $15 shipping plus $15-20 hazmat. Guess not.

If I'm being a prick by selling it in hand for $50 a pound, then F it. I'll be a prick on gun broker and sell it for $80 a pound plus shipping plus hazmat.

Reactions: shb
I bought 8 lbs of Tac a month ago, with hazmat and shipping I paid $190 total I bought 8 lbs of Benchmark for $204 to my door the first week of January.. Well under $30 a pound.. Buying in bulk helps keep the price down.. Just sayin..

I bought 8 lbs of Tac a month ago, with hazmat and shipping I paid $190 total I bought 8 lbs of Benchmark for $204 to my door the first week of January.. Well under $30 a pound.. Buying in bulk helps keep the price down.. Just sayin..
Just sayin what?

The whole point of my post is that if people are buying powder they don't need, or intend to use, it makes it so that people that need powder can't get it. I know how to buy powder. I got 10lbs from Powder valley 2 weeks ago. I will not sell it for double what I paid even though I could in a minute. I bought what I will use and nothing more.
If people would stop buying over priced powder and primers and let these people that are trying to sell at high prices eat their stock, Inventory of reloading components would get back to normal much quicker.

Last edited:
That was the plan but when they only have 2 in stock you have to act quickly or you get nothing.

I think this is a reasonable offer considering the scarcity and price gouging we’re seeing these days. He is willing to travel to meet and had to pay the shipping charges as others have mentioned. Where I live, there is zero available powder of any kind so I would take an offer like this as a gift. It’s not like he’s offering primers at $350/1000.

I’d say the only mistake OP made here was the guilty conscience back story. If they had simply said, heading through, have some powders, 50 if ya want it, it would actually have been a decent deal in this climate. Consider it a finders fee that saved you from having to watch PV probably hours each day! Delivery fees on powder are no joke either.

I also was able to pick up some H100V from PV the other day. My shortage fear/hoarder side WAS tempted to load up the cart and there was the feeling of pressure to check out FAST without thinking it through. I cut my order in half at the last second so that others could buy as well. I checked back 10 minutes later and it was all sold out.

If people would stop buying over priced powder and primers and let these people that are trying to sell at high prices eat their stock, Inventory of reloading components would get back to normal much quicker.

Agree 100%. I didn't load up on a mountain of powder with the intention of then gouging people on gun broker. I have a new gun I'm gonna work up a load for and so I didn't know what I'd need or how much and ended up with extra. I did order an extra 8 pounder of 4831 that I shouldn't have and if that's a huge crime, then so be it. I won't sell that for 50 a pound and will sell it for less.

What Ben Sellers and Bullshot said were my exact thoughts. I really have zero desire to mess with meeting people along the way but thought it might help some people out. And if the last 2 guys I dealt with locally hadn't tried to screw me, I wouldn't be asking for a little over retail.

@Big Fin will you either lock or delete this thread? It doesn't need to turn into a dumpster fire.

I've tried to help 2 people out locally the past week. One was looking for 2 pounds of 4831 and so I sold it to him for $35 a pound. Literally 2 days later, the same guy listed 2 pounds of 4831 for $150. The 2nd guy was looking for H322. I said I'd sell it to him for $35 as well and he came back and offered me $30. Really?

Thought I was being nice by offering to meet up with somebody so they wouldn't have to pay $15 shipping plus $15-20 hazmat. Guess not.

If I'm being a prick by selling it in hand for $50 a pound, then F it. I'll be a prick on gun broker and sell it for $80 a pound plus shipping plus hazmat.

I was just semi givin ya crap, if you had a powder I wanted I would have gladly paid 50 bucks a pound. I hear where you are coming from, I think the I’m selling it for 50 to keep people from selling it on gunbroker is what sparked some of the comments

At the same time there is a reoccurring theme of people hoarding components and it does become frustrating to some. I have a 6k prs gun I’ve never shot because I can’t find components. I saw a guy on a 6mm cm page bragging about buying 26 lbs of H4350. @ 40 grs I think that’s enough to load around 4500 rds. He was selling some of it for 75 lb because his wife got pissed he spent 1k on powder.

carry on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back