Yeti GOBOX Collection

Posts for sling on BLR

nidahunter

I just picked up a new Browning BLR 81 in 7mm08, and it does not have factory posts installed for a sling and swivels. What limited information I can find online is that people recommend taking it to a gunsmith to have them installed. I installed one on my Winchester in the early 80's and have had no issues with it. Am I missing something, or is it a fairly simple process of drilling the hole and screwing it in? They only thing that may make a difference is the high gloss stock, but it doesn't seem like rocket science to me. Anything I may need to look out for?

Very simple. I installed posts on both my BLRs. Browning supports gunsmith installation just to cover their own butt liabilitu wise just in case you were to mess it up. Just take it slow, make sure it's straight. If you have done it before, you can do it on the BLR. Slipping and hard initial penetration is the only problem the high gloss presents... So go slow and you should be fine. Nice choice on rifle! You wont be disappointed!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back