Polar Bear...

FLIPPER

capt.1058903521.argentina_bear_bai102.jpg

Pelusa, a fourteen-year-old female polar bear, look through the bars of her cage at Mendoza's Zoo, some 1,200 kilometers (750 miles) west of Buenos Aires, Argentina, Tuesday, July 22, 2003. Pelusa, normally white, turned violet after veterinarians administered a drug to treat a skin's infection. Veterinarians said she should turn to her normal color within a month. (AP Photo/Walter Moreno-Los Andes)

seeing a purple polar bear would be cool and all, but that is sickening to me to see a polar bear, or any bear for that matter confined to such small quarters. Seriously what does keeping a bear in that, show people visiting a zoo of living behavior, it doesn't show anything because she can't move. I think it is revolting to see that, is anybody else in agreeance with me about that?

Well I think the bars should be closer together...so she wouldn't have the chance of getting a leg stuck
tongue.gif

Though it looks like a small enclosure in the pic, I doubt it is. That may just be a shot through the door or feeding grate.

I saw that on the news the other day. I think the whole purple polar bear is to get more people to the zoo, so that the zoo can in turn make more money. What will the zoo keepers do next? Turn a elephant orange? Or a make a hippo. live its intire life on land. LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA
Quick Draw

Maybe the bars should be just a little farther apart so that the bear could feed just a little better on passerby's...
eek.gif

I read the story and the bear turned purple from some kind of antiseptic (sp?) treatment which is purple. It has to be kept in that cage for a couple weeks because if it goes into its normal area it can swim and the stuff will wash off...

Back