PEAX Equipment

Pocatello

choc dogs

my work is thinking about moving me to the pocatello area...any input before I explore it more?, thanks for any input, if you'd rather, you can always PM me

Thanks, Walt

My youngest brother lives there and seems to like it quite a bit. There is good hunting and fishing within relatively close proximity to Poky as well. My brother in law used to live in Chubbuck and commute to the INEEL. Everyone I know that has either lived there or lives there currently hasn't had anything bad to say about it. There are quite a few new stores there like Sportsman's Warehouse, Lowe's and Home Depot that have come in the last few years. If you have any specific info, let me know and I will dig into it for ya.

Never heard of it.

Actually, there are worse places. One of the best things about it is that its fairly close to most anything you want to do. As said above, there has been a retail "boom" here with sportsmans and a few other stores coming in.

I would suggest living in Chubbuck or in the county due to the high taxes on homes in Pocatello.

Where are you moving from?

PM me with specific questions.

I'm currently living in Boise,( and before the last 20 years before this, I was in Oklahoma, so it's almost all better) and am just wondering if there is anything I should know about, before I tell them I'll go...as in, can I walk out to get the sunday paper, and not get mugged, if I put the decoys in the boat the night before, will they still be there in the morning, how far is it to a reasonable camping place (streams, canyons, TREES) how likely am I to be able to find a place to hunt for a day, if I can't make it out for a week...in general, for a guy who likes to be outside, include my 4 year old in the plan, is it a place that I want to live?

Thanks for all the info given so far

"Can I walk out to get the sunday paper, and not get mugged"
YES (the muggers know everyone here is an armed redneck)

"If I put the decoys in the boat the night before, will they still be there in the morning"
YES (please let me know your address and when your going hunting)

"How far is it to a reasonable camping place (streams, canyons, TREES)"
20-30 minutes to water (AF res, Springfield Lake, Snake River)
15-30 minutes to public trees
Times are dependent upon where you live. Some areas of town are within 5 minutes of public forest/camping.

"How likely am I to be able to find a place to hunt for a day, if I can't make it out for a week"
I hunted deer for 7 days in a row last season, most of the time on public land. I slept at home each night. Same with the elk hunt-only had to hunt 2 days.

"In general, for a guy who likes to be outside, include my 4 year old in the plan, is it a place that I want to live?"
I should tell you no, as there are more people here every year. Its not a perfect place by any means, you know we like to see what we breathe here.....(simplot air) but it is certainly well located. And really, its not a place if your looking for nightlife, fine dining, theater, etc. But, if ya have a boat, fishing pole (or 3) and gun (or 3) there is lots to do. I have a 5 year old. We went fishing sunday and shot .22's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back