Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Poaching Incident in Wright, WY

WyoDoug

For those of you who hunt and live in Wyoming.

Someone knows something about this. Please contact South Gillette Game Warden Levi Wood with any information you might have that pertains to this illegal poaching southeast of Wright! This is the kind of poaching that I absolutely despise.

Gillette - The Wyoming Game and Fish Department seeks the public’s assistance in identifying a vehicle that was seen in the area where several poached deer have been found.

On March 31, 2019, South Gillette Game Warden Levi Wood responded to a report of a dead mule deer on the Edwards Road south of Wright. He discovered the deer had been shot multiple times and the antlers were removed.

Twelve additional carcasses were later found that had also been shot sometime between the end of March and early April and left along roadways south and east of Wright.

Witnesses report seeing two young male occupants in a dark-colored, 4-door Dodge flatbed pickup with blue LED headlights, in the area where several of the deer were found and who may have information about the incidents.

If anyone has information on the whereabouts of this vehicle or information about the poaching incidents, please contact Levi Wood at 307-687-7157 or call the STOP POACHING hotline at 1-877-WGFD-TIP (1-877-943-3847). Tips can also be reported online by visiting the Game and Fish website at https://wgfd.wyo.gov/law-enforcement/stop-poaching or by texting keyword WGFD and the message to 847-411.

Anyone reporting a tip can remain anonymous. Individuals submitting information leading to a conviction can be eligible for a monetary reward of up to $5,000 through the Wyoming Wildlife Protector’s Association.

It is mind boggling how much poaching goes on in the greater Gillette area.

It is also mind boggling how many deer and antelope are on the landscape in this region.

I do believe they will get caught as the wardens in that region are quite good at catching poachers. Hoping so.

I feel like throwing up. How do you even brag about that?? If you tell enough people then you'll get caught and if you show no one then what was the point? Freaking stupid.

Imagine many of us dream of hunting these beautiful animals....legally. spend all year dreaming about it. Spend thousands to make a hunt happen. And then there's scum of there earth that does this!! Please turn these poachers in if you know anything. They should pay a hefty price for it!! Makes me sick!

Such a shame and waste. Don't understand how someone finds value in antlers that were poached, especially when wasting the meat.

I really do not think that poaching, in general, is a bad as it used to be, but there are always trash people that are willing to do it. A couple years back, a couple of losers shot 25 Nebraska pronghorns and really only got a slap for it. Disgusting.

It is mind boggling how much poaching goes on in the greater Gillette area.

It is also mind boggling how many deer and antelope are on the landscape in this region.

I do believe they will get caught as the wardens in that region are quite good at catching poachers. Hoping so.
$5,000 as a reward doesn't hurt either.

I really hope they get caught. I despise poachers. Now and days they basically get a slap on the wrist though which is pathetic. They need jail time and heavy fines.

The penalty needs to be steep otherwise there's really no deterrent. They need to make it a felony with a couple years in jail.

Such a shame and waste. Don't understand how someone finds value in antlers that were poached, especially when wasting the meat.

There is value ($$$) in any kind of antler. Ban the sale of antlers and maybe at least a small percentage of poaching will end. I would spend a year in prison to have 30 mins alone with the guy who poached these deer. Unbelievable....

There is value ($$$) in any kind of antler. Ban the sale of antlers and maybe at least a small percentage of poaching will end. I would spend a year in prison to have 30 mins alone with the guy who poached these deer. Unbelievable....

I'd rather be dead than in the clink

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back