Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Playoff tickets - How do they work?

Elkmagnet

Hopefully some of you guys have been to a few playoff games and can answer a few questions for me.

I was looking at Ticket master for the San Francisco 49ers. On the day they secured a playoff game I noticed TM had seats for sale for all of the playoff games wildcard, divisional, NFC championship. Most of the tickets were verified resale but some are original purchase.
I haven't been to a playoff game and don't know how it works.
Let's say that you buy seats for the championship game and they loose before or it is hosted by another team. What happens with the ticket money? What about the TM fees?
What if it's a resale ticket vs a original purchase?
This is one area that my google skills have failed me.

Hopefully some of you guys have been to a few playoff games and can answer a few questions for me.

I was looking at Ticket master for the San Francisco 49ers. On the day they secured a playoff game I noticed TM had seats for sale for all of the playoff games wildcard, divisional, NFC championship. Most of the tickets were verified resale but some are original purchase.
I haven't been to a playoff game and don't know how it works.
Let's say that you buy seats for the championship game and they loose before or it is hosted by another team. What happens with the ticket money? What about the TM fees?
What if it's a resale ticket vs a original purchase?
This is one area that my google skills have failed me.
1672160222814.png

Thank you. I can't believe I couldn't find that info.

Anybody know about the fees? It says ticket price that seem like it would exclude the fees. Some seats have $1000 worth of fees each. Fug that! I imagine TM would refund them but TM has some bad policies and a virtual monopoly.

Anybody know about the fees? It says ticket price that seem like it would exclude the fees. Some seats have $1000 worth of fees each. Fug that! I imagine TM would refund them but TM has some bad policies and a virtual monopoly.

As I read it, it would be refunded... Trust but verify.

1672162694830.png

I’ve only used TM once as I was informed (far too late unfortunately) that they’d refund my ticket cost but NOT the fees. This was quite a few years ago but it sucked and totally my fault for not asking ahead of time. Not sure if this is still the case or not.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back