When do they determine how many doe/fawn tags are available in Wyoming for each unit?

nastynate

I'm sure this information is out there somewhere, but I couldn't track it down. When do they determine how many doe/fawn tags are available for a unit? Does that information come out before the date to apply (which is May 31 this year), or is it determined after applications are due? I know you can look at how many were available for a unit in previous years, but what about for the upcoming season?

Usually around April time frame when the WFG Commissioners meet. From what I heard so far, is the quotas should be similar to 2021. My bet is quotas get tightened up on some areas though where drought, disease and winter kill had a severe effect in 2021.

Usually around April time frame when the WFG Commissioners meet. From what I heard so far, is the quotas should be similar to 2021. My bet is quotas get tightened up on some areas though where drought, disease and winter kill had a severe effect in 2021.
Thanks. Do you know if gotta call to get that information or they post it somewhere??

There was a bad late spring storm that did a number on them close to me, they cut doe tags completely in some units. Think they announced that in April last year. There was a pretty bad EHD breakout this year so I'm assuming that will affect the numbers some

There was a bad late spring storm that did a number on them close to me, they cut doe tags completely in some units. Think they announced that in April last year. There was a pretty bad EHD breakout this year so I'm assuming that will affect the numbers some
The biologist I talked to indicates this may affect most of the southeastern section of Wyoming. Not sure about northeast or western slope. Mostly areas of severe drought because that causes antelope to congregate around fewer watering holes.

Back