PEAX Equipment

Plate ‘em up

I’ll do that next time

Made a version today, used the white wine my wife had on hand - should have cooked it down a bit more (was a tad runny) but

OH
MY

It was delicious over seared rare duck breasts
Stupidly good

Thanks for the idea

View attachment 251426
You're on to it. Now just some minor adjustments to your palat and its game on

I'm pretty sure I need to know how to make this. Recipe please?

Can do. Comes with an important picture of a major contributor (I like to include pics of more than food in some recipes).

pheasant in cream sauce mushrooms and paprika

2018 Jan 10 last day_edited.jpg
Gus at 8 yrs, 5 mo, 6 day. Last day of the season 10 Jan 2018.

INGREDIENTS

2 boned pheasant breasts plus legs,

Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

2+
teaspoons paprika (Hungarian smoked Paprika from Wheatsfield is best and I nearly double the amount)

teaspoons butter

½
cup finely chopped onions

6-7
sprigs fresh thyme

1 cup diced carrots

1 cup frozen sweet peas

cup dry white wine

1 cup heavy cream

3/4
cup sour cream

1 lb fresh mushrooms (portabellas are good)

Serve over wild rice

PREPARATION

Sprinkle the breasts with salt, pepper and paprika.

Melt the butter in a heavy nonstick skillet large enough to hold the pheasant breasts in one layer. Add the breasts and cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until they are lightly browned. Turn the breasts and cook for 3 minutes more. Add the onions, carrots, and thyme. Stir and cook until the onions are wilted. Add the wine to dissolve the brown particles that cling to the bottom of the pan. Continue cooking until most of the wine evaporates.

Add the heavy cream and peas and cook until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the sour cream, blend well and bring to a boil, stirring until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings and serve very hot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back