Plate ‘em up

Think you could describe the "garlic, burbon, butter" part in some detail? sounds a bit like my kind of thing.
We are very limited on spices, I’ve only kept a few thing back; one which was garlic powder. I also didn’t start at the right time and bring the butter to room temp, so I melted it on the stove. I then add 2 tsp of markers mark and a butt load of garlic powder. I then chilled it back down, when the meat was done cooking I put some of the butter on the meat. Once the meat was rested and still hot enough to melt I put more butter I put it on the sliced meat and served.

You can google garlic bourbon butter and it comes up with a bunch.

Last edited:
Mountain Lion and Mule Deer Chili 🌶 with Hatch peppers and Turkish Chilies. Sitting it on the wood stove and going back out to hunt, hopefully I pull back on the string tonight. Getting down to the wire and been passing up some pretty nice bucks. Maybe it pays off.. BF1864AA-81EA-40A7-AD31-1BFFA4D5CB02.jpeg

moose steak. 1 3/4 inch thick, cooked/seared on blazing hot skillet.

just cooked with salt/pepper/bacon grease/olive oil and then topped with a little butter once hit the cutting board.

made a sauce with a good pinot noir added to empty skillet that was off the hook.

tender and amazing. the caramelization of the outside turned out great.

served with scalloped potatos that were roasted with salt/pepper/butter/olive oil/and pepper and dried italian spice mix . not pictured…

1C7CFE63-5BCA-4D4B-9ED7-D4E369D1A58F.jpeg

20221115_135036.jpgthis is probably one of my favorite recipes/ sauces. Black bellied whistling duck breast with a gorgonzola butter sauce.

I added mushrooms to the sauce this time just to up the earthiness of the cheese.

Personally i just prefer that pungent earthiness with duck vs. The traditional berry/fruit sauces.

Pan seared backstrap, roasted broccoli, and steamed rice with a pan sauce over top. Been a while since I've gone old school on a backstrap (i.e. not using an immersion circulator and searzall). Less consistent and takes more effort, but I don't think you can beat the flavor that comes from a hard pan sear and the sauce afterward. 20221115_182524.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back