Caribou Gear

Plate ‘em up

Not wild game (forgive me) but had a great breakfast at a small joint when I came out of the sage brush (and after a week of eating off the coleman stove),,,

Cowboy Cafe' in Lyman WY - serve breakfast all day so I had this for a late lunch - chicken fried steak, gravy, over easy eggs, and their version of home fries - all with a dash (or 7) of Tabasco sauce

man it hit the spot - I'll eat there again in a few days on my way back southeast

D709B7E5-6D01-4698-931B-A66AA3A3DA4C.jpeg

Had green onions and bell peppers in the braising liquid. I pureed that and added it back to the venison. Then added the BBQ sauce. Definitely an enhancement. But chili is on the list now thanks for the insight.

Had green onions and bell peppers in the braising liquid. I pureed that and added it back to the venison. Then added the BBQ sauce. Definitely an enhancement. But chili is on the list now thanks for the insight.
I like to smoke the shanks for a couple hours before braising. The liquid from braising makes for a really thick, smoky sauce. It's insanely good.

We usually braise overnight with some chili related stuff in the braising liquid, pull meat off the bones in the morning, add seasoning to taste, add beans, and give the whole mixture a few more hours in the crock pot.

Come to think of it, I may have some pics aways back in this thread...
-Edited to add- I do not have pics in this thread. Next time I do some I will try to remember.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Orth
Back