Yeti GOBOX Collection

Planning for an Eastern Montana mule deer hunt

The real trick is finding a buck with those genetics that actual lives past four years old on public land. I think I have seen two or three in the last 10 years.
Doing better than me. I shot a muley buck in 2015 and I suspect it might be my last in Montana.

The last one I shot was in 2010. I have seen a few others that I would pull the trigger on, but they are off limits.

If you’re a local and want to complain about numbers, go for it. Everyone whines on to try and deter non-res hunters. If MT FWP is still offering tags, it’s fair game. Ragging on quality and quantity to make a guy feel bummed about something he wants to do is dumb. No herd can sustain perfectly over the decades. Changes happen. Let folks be excited to hunt.
I'm 1100 miles from being local and began hunting MT for deer about 20 years ago. The hunting sucks for mulies compared to the past. Haven't been back since 2016 or so chasing deer. You have no idea what your talking about IMO. It's a seriously declining resource and that is a fact because of bad policy and management. Like I've said before if you want a sub par mulie have at it they are there no doubt about that. Not worth the price of admission.

I'm 1100 miles from being local and began hunting MT for deer about 20 years ago. The hunting sucks for mulies compared to the past. Haven't been back since 2016 or so chasing deer. You have no idea what your talking about IMO. It's a seriously declining resource and that is a fact because of bad policy and management. Like I've said before if you want a sub par mulie have at it they are there no doubt about that. Not worth the price of admission.
Love me my rutted yo forked horn!! #neckroasts

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back