MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Plan ahead if hunting in Alaska

Those kits require screening, some require your insurance to approve.

"I'm going hunting" is not a valid reason for testing in their protocol.

I selected the option of “I’m not showing any symptoms” and then it asks if you’ve been exposed or travel frequently. I selected “I travel frequently” (which is true, as I’m in hotels 3-4 nights a week for work). Ta-Da...I’m approved.

It’s about as easy at it gets.

This is copied from the Alaska Covid page:

What type of COVID-19 diagnostic test does Alaska accept for travelers?

Posted on June 12, 2020
There are currently two different types of diagnostic tests for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19: molecular tests that detect the virus’s genetic material and antigen tests that detect specific proteins on the surface of the virus. Alaska only accepts the molecular-based test type. Antigen tests are not accepted because they are more likely to miss an active coronavirus infection compared to molecular tests. Antibody (serology) tests are not accepted because they do not provide evidence of current infection.
A molecular-based SARS-CoV-2 test is any of a number of tests that detect the presence of viral RNA (genes), such as reverse transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction (rt-PCR, e.g. Cepheid GeneXpert, KIngFisher System, ABI 7500 system), Transcription Mediated Amplification (TMA, e.g. the Hologic Panther system), and Isothermal Nucleic Acid Amplification (e.g. Abbott ID-NOW).
Alaska accepts results from FDA-approved home self-test swab kits.

If something fits those requirements and you can get results in 72 hours or less, great. If not, you're out of luck!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back