Plan ahead if hunting in Alaska

I’m heading up on the 9th for a fishing trip, planning to get a test which claims same day results on the 7th. Happy I’m flying in before the 11th regardless

CRAP! I changed my trip to fly in on the 16th. May have to make it the 9th, but then I'll miss the wife's birthday. Damned if I do, damned if I don't...

CRAP! I changed my trip to fly in on the 16th. May have to make it the 9th, but then I'll miss the wife's birthday. Damned if I do, damned if I don't...
Aren’t they doing tests for free at the mall in Champaign? 8am-4pm? Drive thru I’m pretty sure.

Long ways from there, and getting results in 72 hours is the catch.
I’m guessing there’s probably a free site closer to where you live. I’ve been working next to the one in Champaign for a few weeks and it appears to be really well organized.
There’s no line right now, want me to go get tested and report back on how long it takes to get the results? lol

Yikes... bar to entry this year just gets higher and higher.

Lots of states require screening interviews before you can get tested, upcoming travel doesn't count. If your from one of those states you are SOL.

Yikes... bar to entry this year just gets higher and higher.

Lots of states require screening interviews before you can get tested, upcoming travel doesn't count. If your from one of those states you are SOL.
I bet hunter days afield numbers go up in home states this year.

I’m guessing there’s probably a free site closer to where you live. I’ve been working next to the one in Champaign for a few weeks and it appears to be really well organized.
There’s no line right now, want me to go get tested and report back on how long it takes to get the results? lol
Sure! Then we'll all know if you're good or not! ;) I just got done changing my flight, car rental and preflight hotel stay. I'll get to Anchorage on the 9th. Would have been easier if the wife wouldn't have backed out!

Happy wife = happy life ;)

Happy wife = happy life ;)
She's fine with me going without her. She said the birthday doesn't bother her. I'll be home 2 days after it and guess I'll have to take her to Red Lobster or something! She knows I have to get the property cleaned up and ready for winter as well as check in with our buddy and make sure he's OK.

She's fine with me going without her. She said the birthday doesn't bother her. I'll be home 2 days after it and guess I'll have to take her to Red Lobster or something! She knows I have to get the property cleaned up and ready for winter as well as check in with our buddy and make sure he's OK.

Looks like you found a good one!

"It's a trap!" - Admiral Akbar
Yeah, I hee-hawed around because of it, and we both are of the mindset that we're old and have had plenty of birthdays. Almost like just another day anymore. Plus, it's really the only time left I can go!

Anyone flying into Ketchikan should keep an eye out on their news. They are possibly having an issue and are saying they might shut down again.

Hunkering Down

Last edited:
There are several options for at home tests that guarantee results in 72 hours.

Those kits require screening, some require your insurance to approve.

"I'm going hunting" is not a valid reason for testing in their protocol.

"I'm going hunting" is not a valid reason for testing in their protocol.

I’m not saying anybody should lie, but....

I own a small business and am traveling to meet potential clients for potential essential work is 😉

I’m not saying anybody should lie, but....

I own a small business and am traveling to meet potential clients for potential essential work is 😉

Totally... I just hate systems that encourage deception.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back