Plain Ole new 7mmRM

I've had my 7 mm RM for about 20 years. I've taken it to Africa a couple of times and on 4 hunts in Canada plus hunts here in Montana. Several years ago I bought a couple of Weatherby Vanguards with their Griptonite stocks that I really like. Since I got those rifles I've wished that my 7RM was in one of those stocks.

A month or two ago I saw a couple of long action Weatherby Griptonite stocks for sale for a reasonable price on linex so I bought them. It took a little extra epoxy and cutting to fit and pillar bed my 700 Remington action in a Weatherby stock but I finlly got it done.

First trip to the range, I shot the first shot at a 100 yard steel gong, the the next two shots on paper were touching just at the top of the center 1" orange dot. I have it topped with a Leupold VX 3i 4.5-14x40 with side focus and their Windplex reticle.
08wGfWDl.jpg

^ Pretty!!!
Thanks, and it shoots great!

Yesterday I was verifying the CDS scope settings at targets 100, 200, 300, and 430 yards (the furthest berm at our range), shooting two 160 grain Sierra HPBT bullets at each target, adjusting the setting, then shooting two more shots at each target. My final two shots were at the 430 target and were 1" high of center and 1" apart. Look out critters! :D

Thanks, and it shoots great!

Yesterday I was verifying the CDS scope settings at targets 100, 200, 300, and 430 yards (the furthest berm at our range), shooting two 160 grain Sierra HPBT bullets at each target, adjusting the setting, then shooting two more shots at each target. My final two shots were at the 430 target and were 1" high of center and 1" apart. Look out critters! :D
Nothing is safe!

With results like that even if little green men land they better be 450 out or they’ll be holding some hot Sierra’s.

Everyone is talking about it, what is a “schmalts”? Who is this mysterious fellow.
Next scope upgrade, look on Leupold's site and decide what you want, get the scope number and PM Schmalts for the price and availability. Pat's prices will beat everybody, and he is very easy to deal with, too easy:)

Yes sir. I contacted the fellow by email yesterday.
Seems like a good guy, comes highly recommended by HT members.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back