Caribou Gear

Places to stay near Alcova

Elmacho

Howdy everyone.

My 17 y.o. son is likely to draw his first antelope tag this year near Alcova. Any recommendations for places to stay that are out near alcova or pathfinder. I only know the SW corner of the state.

We prefer to camp, but are there any places you all recommend that we could get a shower or stay a night in that area if needed....somewhere near the Platte, as he will be wanting to fish too.

So I guess I a asking for Camp recommendations and lodging too...

Thanks and good luck in the draws..

The Flying J truck stop in Casper has showers if you decide to camp and want to run back in to town.

I was gonna say Sloane's but they already beat me to it. Never stayed there, but checked it out for future hunts in the area. We ended up setting up the wall tent on the miracle mile .

We stayed at Sloanes last fall. Not bad, but there is no processing of game on the property. Parking got a little crowded.

Howdy everyone.

My 17 y.o. son is likely to draw his first antelope tag this year near Alcova. Any recommendations for places to stay that are out near alcova or pathfinder. I only know the SW corner of the state.

We prefer to camp, but are there any places you all recommend that we could get a shower or stay a night in that area if needed....somewhere near the Platte, as he will be wanting to fish too.

So I guess I a asking for Camp recommendations and lodging too...

Thanks and good luck in the draws..
Last year I camped one night right past Sloan’s while passing through. It was a city park I think. Black Beach campground. It was clean and nice. I only saw vault toilets. No showers that I saw. Sloan’s store was nice people ( good hand dipped ice cream ). I bought bait from them and caught a couple trout from the bank next to campsite. I think campground is on alcova?

Thanks everyone. Those are great leads! I am thinking we will camp and take a bar of soap in the lake...lol

Might get a night here or there to break it up.

Good luck in the draws

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back