PEAX Equipment

Pictures - from my Safari - Finally

Lochi,

Thanks, we had a grand time and I plan to go back. I was thinking May of 2006 but it might work out more like May of 2005 - been putting in a lot of hours lately and saving up to go. For 12 days of hunting, $1750 doesn't take a lot of time to save.

Tom,

I hadn't given any record book recordings much thought. I didn't fully realize how good the Blesbok was until some weeks later. The 5" steenbok is really good for the region I hunted. I know my PH sure was excited when he first saw it.

I guess it was to my advantage not knowing what a "good one" was for a particular animal as it didn't make me nervous. As you know, I "shake" enough already

I did ask both PH's if they would allow a hunter to shoot a smaller (horn length) animal and they said no, we (they) want hunters to take better then average animals for the area. If they "allowed" hunters to take smaller animals then their reputation goes along. In the 9 years they have been in business their average is much higher then the average for other outfitters in the same region.

There are so many animals (numbers) and 10 days of hunting. There really is plenty of time to obtain quality animals. I would "guess" on average I saw 100 or more animals a day. On the first day I saw over 500 blesbok and impala.

Don

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back