Caribou Gear

picking a wood stove.

Scott85

I'm having a hard time picking a stove for my SO Cimarron, I was looking at their large stove but with the stove and stove pipe its right at 3 pounds. A 20" TiGoat is around 2 pounds and a lot cheaper. Hunting with some one the SO large is the clear winner because I would only have to carry the tent. Solo is where I'm having a breakdown on what stove to pick and part of the problem comes down to ounces. I'm leaning towards the TiGoat because the price and weight. What is everyone's take? Thanks in advance for the help.

Have you looked at the lite outdoor stoves? When I got my setup about 4-5 years ago I ended up with an Ed T stove for my SO 6 man tipi and wasn’t impressed in the slightest. From all the research I’ve done since then, lite outdoors seem to be the stove to get

I have had stiles from Kifaru, SO and Lite outdoors. Honestly they all did what I needed them to. For a cylinder stove I like the 18" lite outdoors and I will probably run that in my 90-120 SQF shelters. For a box stove the SO is really nice.

I use Version 1 of the Lite Outdoors Stove...the improvements made over the last 4 years make them a really nice stove. Just remember those little stoves burn a bunch of wood but they are handy for drying gear, warming up, etc. The round stoves aren't as good for cooking but it can be done.

I have a Cimarron with a Lite Outdoors stove. Love this combo! What I like best about this stove is the baffle that virtually eliminates sparks coming out of the chimney, and the big door allows bigger wood = longer burn time. On one hunt with snow and temps in the 30's, I was able to get the temp to 104 inside the tent...FYI that was too dang warm!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back