Picatinny on sling stud

Dwreckers

I’m looking at possibly installing a picatinny rail on the front sling stud of my rifle towards the front end of the stock. I currently only have a sling stud and a Harris bipod and it digs into my shoulder quite a bit. I was wondering if anyone ever installed one for the purpose of having your bipod in front of the sling stud to help get the bipod off my shoulder a little or maybe I just need a new bipod. Any info is appreciated

I use an atlas pic rail up front. I can put a sling stud in the rail or take it out any time with a micro Allen key. If I’m understanding your issue correctly, you’re carrying the rifle with the sling, while the bipod is attached?

I personally don’t carry a rifle slung or attached to the pack with a bipod on there. It takes me just a few seconds to pull the bipod out and attach it to the rail with a QR lever, and if it’s under about 350-400 yds I don’t need the bipod, the pack up front is good enough. I also don’t really use a sling anymore with the hands free options from Kifaru, Stone Glacier, etc out there, but that’s another matter.

Lots of ways to skin a cat, just how I do it.

I have couple rifles with just 2 studs, works perfect

Added: my hunting rifles i use harris bipods as personal preference

I use an atlas pic rail up front. I can put a sling stud in the rail or take it out any time with a micro Allen key. If I’m understanding your issue correctly, you’re carrying the rifle with the sling, while the bipod is attached?

I personally don’t carry a rifle slung or attached to the pack with a bipod on there. It takes me just a few seconds to pull the bipod out and attach it to the rail with a QR lever, and if it’s under about 350-400 yds I don’t need the bipod, the pack up front is good enough. I also don’t really use a sling anymore with the hands free options from Kifaru, Stone Glacier, etc out there, but that’s another matter.

Lots of ways to skin a cat, just how I do it.
Yes I carry my rifle with the bipod attached. I haven’t seen anyone with a pic rail that takes the bipod off and puts it on when ready to shoot. Interesting method that’s worth looking into

1DA05884-877D-4178-9A7A-7BFC3D4F551C.jpeg

I have a rail QR adapter that goes on the plate for the tripod too. For me, if it’s a quick prone shot, it’s close enough that over the pack is fine. If I have, or need, time to set up more carefully the extra 20 seconds or whatever to get out the bipod isn’t typically a big deal. I would want to pull out a light rear bag at that point anyway. There’s no perfect system.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back