Pic of back yard 07/09

T Bone

fire.jpg

Saturday, we got a little spooked!

I'd been working in the yard all day keeping track of a fire about 3 miles away. The wind kicked up to about 45 mph and within 35 minutes the fire was in our back friggin yard.

This is just before it got real ugly.

Like complete idiots we were sitting there videoing and then it got real big, real close. Just then cops came running around the side of the house yelling at us to get out.

we spent 22 hours evacuated at a red cross shelter at the high school gym. The kids had fun, but the 8 month prego wife was a wee bit uncomfortable on the cots.

Upon return the only damage to the house was warped fence boards. Amazingly not a single house up on the ridge was lost. The slurry bombers and helicopters saved every one of them. Who'd a thunk of forest fires being a danger in South Dakota?

Well that turned out well T...

I'm really glad to see you and your family are safe and sound, plus you have some good stories and pics for a later day this winter when the danger isn't so prevalent... :)

Good to hear all is well T-Bone. I have some info for you that I'll PM regarding the AK Tannery.

Pretty close TBone...am sure you are very thankful. Good luck with your family's impending arrival.

Whew T thats too close for comfort....the niece is out with her hubby fro mRapid and her parents evidently got evacked out of Piedmont(?) as well!
Who woulda thunk? Glad to hear that Momma and the kids came out unscathed!

Just don't mess up that back-yard hunting set up! :eek:

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back