Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Phone scope

Sask hunter

Any suggestion on brand for a phone scope for my spotting scope. I have an iPhone. I want a picture Better then this lol. That was we holding the phone trying to line things up
8F6D97C7-4E13-424C-BAD1-D34EF0A12710.jpeg

There is a little learning curve to getting it set up right.
But there is also a big difference in the clarity due to the quality of glass your shooting through.

I phone with 1593507564897.jpeg
phone scope. Sheep are far and then zoomed with phone through swaro scope.
60__moose_phone_scope.png
I video to minimize camera shake/blur

Have a swaro spotter and expensive phone. Not gonna go cheap and buy some universal adaptor version. PhoneSkope brand works easily and perfectly, I leave it on my ohone thoughout a hunt or scouting trip so taking photos is quick and easy (And thus I use it more).

You might hit up @6mm Remington He has a wifi-based scope for his and I thought the pictures were great. YOu would lose out on the optical zoom capabilities of the phone but those aren't spectacular anyway.

I'm very happy with this so far. It can be had for about $76.00 on Amazon. I paid $96.00 at Sportsmans.
It will attach to virtually every spotting scope out there. No need to purchase
other adapters for different spotting scopes.
If you upgrade your phone you will likely have to purchase another phone adapter for that specific phone. Not always but possibly.
Your zoom and magnification are handled by the spotting scope. Focus is handled by the spotting scope also. You see what the spotting scope is looking at in real time and you adjust the focus accordingly. The phone is used to take the pictures or videos of your choosing.
You can have your buddies download the SME Spot Shot app on their phones. They too can look at their phones with the WiFi signal sent by the Spot Shot and see the exact images that your are. Multiple phones at a time can do this.
It weighs 10.6 ounces. My I-phone weighs 10.4.
I can be up to 82 yards away from the spotting scope with the Spot Shot attached and still see images in real time. Signal is lost after that distance.
It comes with a soft case. I chose to put the charge cord, some sense cleaner, and a sense cloth in the soft case. I purchased a round cylinder shaped tube that is for putting water bottles in to be used to put the items in the soft fabric holder with the lens cleaner and other items inside. The Spot Shot will fit on top of that. This will afford some cushioning and protection carrying it around in a day-pack or vehicle.
The Spot Shot is supposed to hold a charge for 8-10 hours. I have been using it a few times over the last several days and have not had to charge it again, at least not yet.

Last edited:
Get the phone skope adapter for your specific iphone and spotter, as it's crucial to be able to get it off and on fast and have it line up. The most important addition is the remote as it allows you to capture images with no bump to the apparatus which eliminates any blurred images. As mentioned above, video is super as you can go back and take images from whatever angle captured within the montage.

I have the Vanguard Veo PA-65 digiscoping adapter that I picked up at scheel's. I'm not too overly impressed with the minimal use I have put it through. It can be difficult to keep the phone adjusted correctly and the eye relief seems to be too far away for the camera on my phone, so I don't seem to get the full picture. I will be giving it another shot on a scouting trip in a few weeks, and then make a decision from there.

Magview b1 has been solid when paired with a good tripod and head.

The only cons I have aren't necessarily on magview. I'll probably order a new plate and grab some cheap phonecase to play with given how the lenses on the phone protrude from the body and eclipse the eyepiece on the binocs, I think a flush case will "seat" better (not on the magview plate side) against the eyepiece.

Other than that, slim, effortless, the app works for alignment well, it's secure (except for wobble due to lense if the eyepiece is extended too much).

following.
I purchased the phone Skoped. I mounted it to my Sig Sauer spotter, and it fits very nice and snug. The spotter is mounted to vanguard tripod. I like the setup and easy to use. The only downside (not criticism because I don’t think there is any way around for any phone scope) is the tripod shaking the spotter that results in images and videos quality to be vibrating. My tripod does have a hook for ballast to anchor. I’m not sure if this would help, but certainly not ideal spot and stalk.

Any help on ideas to produce high quality images wold be very much appreciated.

I purchased the phone Skoped. I mounted it to my Sig Sauer spotter, and it fits very nice and snug. The spotter is mounted to vanguard tripod. I like the setup and easy to use. The only downside (not criticism because I don’t think there is any way around for any phone scope) is the tripod shaking the spotter that results in images and videos quality to be vibrating. My tripod does have a hook for ballast to anchor. I’m not sure if this would help, but certainly not ideal spot and stalk.

Any help on ideas to produce high quality images wold be very much appreciated.

I get the same with the magview on my tripod. I hung my nalgene from the bottom, was an improvement. Not like whoa that's soo much better, but better.

I'm going to try, for shits and giggles, flipping the head DOWN (so tripod like normal, but main beam and the head inverted to be in the leg area)

Here's a few images from the magview, I think 1x, 2x, 4x, 10x (from the phone) through 10x42 vortex, object is 350yds as the crow flies, over a valley. The rock itself is somewhere between 3-5'ish long measuring from gaia. No ballast on the tripod.

I wonder with the phoneskope if the cantilever-ness and leveragitivity, yes amazing words, allows for too much jitter?

20230703_110748.jpg20230703_110750.jpg20230703_110754.jpg20230703_110757.jpg

Back