Phoenix Area Rifle Range Recommendations

tanner127

I’d like to get proficient at shooting out to 600 yards. I’ve been going to Ben Avery, but have only been on the 200 yd range. It looks like there is a place called Cowtown close by, but haven’t been there yet. Any other ranges that you guys would recommend? Thanks!

Are you looking for an actual range facility or a spot to shoot that far?

Looking for a range facility. I've had a few bad experiences target shooting on public lands in the past...a lot of dumb people out there. Still fairly new to the Phoenix area so trying to find somewhere to learn and practice.

Rio Salado is a well run range in the East valley. It has 300 yard targets on the main range. Agree with you about staying out of the desert due to people doing dumb things. Went out to 4 Peaks area last fall, won't due that again.

Rio Salado is a well run range in the East valley. It has 300 yard targets on the main range. Agree with you about staying out of the desert due to people doing dumb things. Went out to 4 Peaks area last fall, won't due that again.
I’ll check that out. Thank you!

tanner click on this link, it will give you info on a long range shoot that starts on 3-28 to 4-6 -2023. It's from200 yards to 1000 yards and is Black Powder Cartridge Rifle only. It will show what ranges are available there and might be fun to watch if you’re into long range shooting. I've never shot at Ben Avery but have heard nothing but great reviews on it.
I’ll look into that. I was planning on being there sometime that weekend anyway to sight in a new scope. Thanks!

Back