Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Pheasants Forever hunting access?

Estimator86

I have been E-scouting an area for turkey hunting this spring in MT. It has a large parcel owned by Pheasants Forever that opens up additional state land. According to OnX, it is owned by PF and is Type 1 BMA. Would this be accessible for hunting this spring by PF or would it fall under BMA and only be huntable through the fall? Any information from PF that I can get? Excuse my ignorance if this is obvious, I have yet to visit the area and am still figuring MT out

What are the conditions of access? I'd call the regional FWP office.

I forgot to add that access to the main state land isn't an issue, I just don't know if PF land is always open to hunting or if it is technically a type 1 BMA, making it only open in the fall. I have already emailed the manager, but figured Hunttalk may be a quicker resource.

If it’s enrolled in BMA, I don’t imagine it’s just open to the public for all hunting like public land would be.

Some BMAs are open for spring turkey, but that completely depends on the landowner. You’ll need to check the BMA info and/or contact the property manager directly to figure out your options.

I would call the regional biologist for Pheasants Forever (available at pheasantsforever.org). PF is all about public access....that is why they buy the land. Unless there was some specific reason with this specific parcel, PF is going to open it up for hunters to use.

PF is all about public access....that is why they buy the land. Unless there was some specific reason with this specific parcel, PF is going to open it up for hunters to use.
That is what I was expecting. The manager is going to get back with me soon and I will update this. It just throws me off that OnX has it listed as BMA..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back