Pheasant pics

mtmiller

I went out after work to chase some whiteys with my bow. it was my first time to this spot, so it was more of a scouting trip. I saw a decent 5 point (110-120") and got about 35 yards from a doe, but decided not to shoot.

While crawling through an irrigatin ditch, I saw a pheasant flying towards me. While he was still in the air I tried to get my camera out of my pocket, but I didn't get it rolling until after he had already landed within 4 feet of me. I finally got the camera out and snapped a few shots before he scooted. Pics not great, but it was cool having one that close.
9_30_03_018.jpg

Here is a group of birds that were in the same area.
9_30_03_026.jpg

WOOOOHOOOOO !!! Great pics, My Vizsla is licking the screen. lol..... Guess what? Kevin and I are going Wed. after work. I was under the impression that our west side season opened later. Its open now. Damn I got side tracked with all Kevins talk of deer, elk and fish. Not that that was a bad thing Kevin. Maybe we can get some pics of some birds too.

How are the pics of the boat coming? lol

Nice pics. For some reason, our ringneck populations are down, possibly for ever. The good ol' days are gone around here. But, we still try.

Our season opens the 3rd Saturday of October, at Noon. I have no idea what the reasoning of the Noon starting was, as it is the only season in Idaho with a quirk like that.

But now here is the dillema in life....
October 5- some later date in October is Mule Deer season.
October 10 --Clearwater Elk opens up 10th of November.
October 11 Duck and Goose open up
Octber 15 -- SW Idaho Elk opens up,
October 18 -- Pheasant opens up,
And Steelhead fishing should be going.

October NEEDS more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice! Our pheasant season doesn't open until around the second week of November.

Oak

I've seen a few of these birds on the road over by White hall, I didn't realize there was a lot of them some place in this state!!!
Thanks for the pics Craig!!!
biggrin.gif

Back